Post-Game Talk: Oilers go Super Fly and win 5-3

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
That was a beast of a shift by Lucic at the end.

No complaints from me tonight! Pp 50% tonight

Still a little sloppy but I like how TM is running the bench!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Right here McTrashboat.

Kept the faith the whole time.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Very proud of the team tonight. Bad first, but we persevered.

Standouts for the game:

McDavid
Larsson
Eberle
Russell
Letestu
Lucic

and snipes for his faith, and attitude! :handclap:

Don't forget Kassian, proving to be very reliable, making lots of smart plays

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Very impressed with how the team responded after that horrible first period.

Super solid final 2 periods.

McDavid and Eberle were great tonight. Eberle always seems to bring it against Calgary.

**** me, Russell was stellar for a second game in a row too.

And Lucic with two great passes for two Dr. Drai goals. Nice to see him get on the board.

Team still needs to play a full 60 minutes. Can't go taking periods off like they did tonight and expect to win a tonne of games. But seriously great bounce back.

Talbot can't keep letting in shots like the one he let in off Frolik in the first. Those are just killers. But he responded nicely afterwards.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Lucic had a solid third after a couple of bad periods. I wouldn't be opposed to moving the LWs around, but I think Lucic is just going to continue to get better and better as the year goes on.

McDavid is the best player I've ever seen play hockey. What he does at full speed is just unbelievable.

Letestu and Kassian look a lot better than last year.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Oilers are Lord of the Flies.

Past Oiler teams lose this game in blowout fashion. This isn't your big brother's Oilers anymore.
I know he won't get much mention but Nuge was a 2 way beast in the last 2 periods, just all over the puck in all zones. Larsson is a freaking god send, I feel so comfortable with him and Klef on the ice although the 1st was dicey and Looch deserves a lot of credit for a great 3rd period. Russell was great again, I almost wish that they have him a multi-year deal now.

Great team win and a winnable game against Buffalo. I like this winning thing, lets keep doing it.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I nominate snipes as the HFOil MVP....always positive, never say die, great attitude!

Appreciate it brother. But this victory belongs to the guys on the ice and all of us who stand by the squad. A new era is beginning.

Feels good y'all :cheers:

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
3 thoughts on the game:

woo_tmy6jattum.gif

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The team showed some impressive resilience in this game. That was yet another game that this team would have lost last season.

I am very impressed. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad