Post-Game Talk: Oilers give a wet dream without Drai

Furious Nerd

Jan 18, 2018
I thought Nurse had a solid game. Jumped into the play and scored the game winner. Currently he has 20 points and leads the team with +13. He was good handling the puck tonight and made some really good passes.

He just needs to simplify his game in our end, and clear pucks when he's getting forechecked, rather than make poor passes under pressure that result in turnovers.

Furious Nerd

Jan 18, 2018
And it's great to see the Oilers back in the top 3 in the Pacific Division. The Division is now starting to take shape and look how it should according to team quality.

The top tier consists of Vegas, LA, and Edmonton.

Calgary, Seattle, and Vancouver are marginal playoff teams, and SJ and Anaheim are out of it.

I still believe Edmonton should win the Division. We're starting to get more contributions from the depth on our roster, and still have lots of room for improvement from good young players like Holloway, McLeod, and Niemelainen.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
72 in 37 for 97. What a performance.

Nice to get the win. Need another strong effort tomorrow vs Winnipeg. Great game tonight.
Exactly 160 pt pace. Man if he cracks 66 goals and 156 points, which would make him the highest single season goal scorer in the cap era and the most points in a season by a player not named Gretzky or Lemieux it'll be awfully hard for some of these hot takers to explain how he isnt the most valuable player.

Reactions: TB12 and Biltmore

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Exactly 160 pt pace. Man if he cracks 66 goals and 156 points, which would make him the highest single season goal scorer in the cap era and the most points in a season by a player not named Gretzky or Lemieux it'll be awfully hard for some of these hot takers to explain how he isnt the most valuable player.

Even if McDavid does all that, the tsn/sportsnet/theScore/cbc headline will be “Is McDavid even the best Connor?”

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
I wonder if Stan Fischler caught the game last night??
Apparently, his telegraph was down….and the carrier pigeon backup couldn’t reboot.

I like it. Catchy
In all seriousness, I realize this is not on the same level as obtaining Kane last year, but Klim has really contributed nicely to our team. Keeper
The beauty of his game is the surprise element….he shows his forecheck and hitting game as being the expectation. Then he launches some surprising offence that catches the opponent off guard. Nice.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I thought Nurse had a solid game. Jumped into the play and scored the game winner. Currently he has 20 points and leads the team with +13. He was good handling the puck tonight and made some really good passes.

He just needs to simplify his game in our end, and clear pucks when he's getting forechecked, rather than make poor passes under pressure that result in turnovers.

Nurse had a fantastic game, I’ve always been a big Nurse supporter but I can understand some of the criticism (a lot of it is over the top and stupid but some of it is fair).

I mean, you watch Nurse play a game like that and you think that’s a Norris candidate level D man and there are not 5 D men better league wide than him. Makes the odd piss poor game he has him more frustrating because we know how outstanding he is when he’s playing at his best.

We just need him to play like this every single game because we know what’s in him.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
The beauty of his game is the surprise element….he shows his forecheck and hitting game as being the expectation. Then he launches some surprising offence that catches the opponent off guard. Nice.
Kostin was considered a higher end talent when drafted. He went to St. Louis at 31 because of the Russian factor. HE could end up being much more than a physical bottom 6 guy if the stars line up. Maybe he can be the Oliers Nickushkin. :)

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Sorry if someone mentioned this already but it's amazing that McDavid scored 5 points only playing 16:01!!!

That's his lowest TOI by almost 2 minutes this season... if you sort by minutes played it's actually hilarious... all his games with under 19 minutes TOI he has like 4 points

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
And it's great to see the Oilers back in the top 3 in the Pacific Division. The Division is now starting to take shape and look how it should according to team quality.

The top tier consists of Vegas, LA, and Edmonton.

Calgary, Seattle, and Vancouver are marginal playoff teams, and SJ and Anaheim are out of it.

I still believe Edmonton should win the Division. We're starting to get more contributions from the depth on our roster, and still have lots of room for improvement from good young players like Holloway, McLeod, and Niemelainen.
So anybody notice Nurse was far better D than Larsson last night? Good post. Seems like most of the board were carving Nurse just a week ago.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Grubauer last night had a .400save % and 46.2GAA He stopped 2 pucks and let 3 goals in during 3:55 of play.

The latter is probably an alltime worst NHL record for 3 or more goals allowed and could be a record too for fastest 3 goals against a goalie in a game. Who has been worse?

That said the Kraken in front of him were crap. The Oilers could do anything they wanted last night and without even Draisaitl or Kane. Think about how bad Seattle are.

Even their few fans here on hf think they are an awful club. Its interesting that some of the media were hyping the Kraken but none of the fans are hopeful.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
The Klim Reaper. Now that's a catchy nickname.. :naughty:
McDavid putting on a show and ending Grubauer's night 5 minutes in is fun to watch on one hand but seeing Grubi's career getting destroyed in Seattle hurts a bit aswell.

Hope the boys keep on truck'in, starting a hot streak around the new year would be nice..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad