Post-Game Talk: Oilers give a wet dream without Drai

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I am sure if that's all that went into Kuzmenko's decision he could have to somewhere far nicer than Vancouver, like somewhere in California. I am sure fit was also taken into consideration. At the time Oilers were deeper on the wing and who was he going to play over on the PP?

The timeline is different of course as Kuzmenko would be far better fit now and same with Gavrikov. Again, only if he's shown interest in signing long term would it make sense to depart with those assets. On that I agree.
By accounts Edmonton was on the shortlist. Having a Russian teammate and a second one advocate for Vancouver has been cited as influential factors. Pics of him in the mountains and water suggest he's enjoying the natural beauty Vancouver has to offer. Back history hasn't been a strong history of Russian players in Edmonton though I loved Mironov and Igor Ulanov but that's going back decades.

Point remains UFA is a high risk move. UFA Russian player even more so. If one could work an NBA-like sign and trade, it's a no brainer for player quality and fit. But this close to free agent and choosing one's spot is a hard sell.

Oilers can't get this wrong if they likely push high picks to the pot.

Reactions: walktheboulavard

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I am sure if that's all that went into Kuzmenko's decision he could have to somewhere far nicer than Vancouver, like somewhere in California. I am sure fit was also taken into consideration. At the time Oilers were deeper on the wing and who was he going to play over on the PP?

The timeline is different of course as Kuzmenko would be far better fit now and same with Gavrikov. Again, only if he's shown interest in signing long term would it make sense to depart with those assets. On that I agree.

Kuzmenko was convinced to join Vancouver by his former teammate Podkolzen.

Reactions: walktheboulavard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad