Proposal: Oilers / Flames Swap Prospects

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Jesse Puljujarvi + 4th for Rasmus Andersson + Sam Bennett

Obviously a trade like this is unlikely between divisional rivals, but would either fanbase do this? Both prospects are NHL ready and could immediately help their teams.

Last edited:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Man, this is risky for the Oilers. That being said, sometimes you gotta risks. Seeing as the Flames have a plethora of RD, they take this deal.

Not sure why the Oilers don't go after Myers, Barrie, or even one year of Karlsson? Or RD prospects outside the division?

Reactions: TFHockey

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Thats risky af to trade away Pulju at such a young age especially to Calgary. If he finds a home next to Gaudreau and Monohan hell terrorize and light us up in the future. Id want an add from calgary due to the potential difference Pulju can be an elite rw if he gains confidence. Andersson is more of a question mark on top end potential.
My counter offer would be Pulji + 4th for Andersson + Bennett.

Jagr4President

Nov 16, 2017
Calgary
I think the 1 for 1 deal would work but with Andersson coming in, this means Calgary can move a blue liner for a offensive player who is already established. It is a decent propolas but I think Calgary declines to trade out side of Alberta and look to get a more established player.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
No thanks, I doubt the flames are going to be all that interested in that package. While Poolparty is young, his development path has a lot of warts on it. The Flames are going to want to see how Bennett can do under a new coach. Also with Bennett, even if he doesn't make top 6, he's got more of a chance to being a decent bottom 6 guy with a physical edge. With Poolparty I feel that if he doesn't develop into a top 6 winger, he doesn't have much of an NHL career.

Andersson has been on a very good development path, and he's likely to make the Flames this year which allows the Flames to trade a more established expensive defenseman like Stone or Brodie for what could be a better return.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Thats risky af to trade away Pulju at such a young age especially to Calgary. If he finds a home next to Gaudreau and Monohan hell terrorize and light us up in the future. Id want an add from calgary due to the potential difference Pulju can be an elite rw if he gains confidence. Andersson is more of a question mark on top end potential.
My counter offer would be Pulji + 4th for Andersson + Bennett.

That's the current offer, what was the original?

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I would do the straight up trade but think we would regret it in the end. I would definitely not add Bennett for a 4th round pick. Him and Connor are childhood friends, that's a nightmare waiting to happen. Pulju+oilers 1st this year might make me think about bennett+andersson. It will never happen though

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
I think for the sake of hockey in Alberta we should constantly trade with each other. With that in mind, how's about Yamamoto and Jones and Ostap Safin for Andersson and either Jankowski or Bennet?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
There's no prospect on the Oilers that i would trade either Andersson or Bennett to them for, if that's 4th OA it's decently fair, but Andersson has the highest/best chance of hitting his potential

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I would do the straight up trade but think we would regret it in the end. I would definitely not add Bennett for a 4th round pick. Him and Connor are childhood friends, that's a nightmare waiting to happen. Pulju+oilers 1st this year might make me think about bennett+andersson. It will never happen though
Yup, because that would be a terrible trade for the Oilers.
Puljujarvi for Andersson would be okay, but Bennet is worth a 2nd round pick.

10th overall will be better than Bennet

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'd do the 1 for 1. Maybe small adds on each side to make it work.
Once we start adding unnecessary pieces it gets messy.

Calgary get a winger with potential; Edmonton gets a RD with potential.

I do the trade.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think for the sake of hockey in Alberta we should constantly trade with each other. With that in mind, how's about Yamamoto and Jones and Ostap Safin for Andersson and either Jankowski or Bennet?

Nah.
Bennett/Jankowski are NHLers, however you skin the cat. I don't know if Jones/Ostap.

More or less Andersson = Yamamoto in value, probably a bit more in favour of the AHL all-star 21 year old Swede.
Jones + Ostap =/= Bennett OR Janko.

Reactions: teamblue

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
I would do it 1 for 1 if it was a Yamamoto and Andersson swap. I think we pretty much can guarantee that he'll play himself onto the opening roster so the Flames still get an nhl body back just one thats a little less riskier for the Oil.

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
It's good value IMO. I would do it from a Flames perspective. Interesting trade.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Jesse Puljujarvi + 4th for Rasmus Andersson + Sam Bennett

Obviously a trade like this is unlikely between divisional rivals, but would either fanbase do this? Both prospects are NHL ready and could immediately help their teams.

So you make it more awful for Calgary, no thanks.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That’s a big gamble for the Oilers. I know flames fans still think Bennett has a ton of value but I’d have to think long and hard about even giving up a 2nd for him.

No interest in seeing Puljujarvi explode in Flames colours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad