Look forward to the rematch.

Attachments

• IMG_20200112_140351_01.jpg
    IMG_20200112_140351_01.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 8

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I loved when Larsson went to hit Dube in the 1st. Dube stood him up.
I actually thought that Larson hit at the Oilers blue-line rocked Dube, even though he didn't go down. He played rather questionable into the 2nd period after that hit; didn't seem sharp at all, maybe concussed even. Full marks to Dube, and then he ended up scoring, but anyway.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Also . . . Remember all the rats of Oilers past? Linseman, Esa Tikkanen; heck, even their stars like Messier (hits on Wilson and MacCoun: ruptured spleen from a slash/spear, broken collarbone) and Glen Anderson were dirty in the day.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Remember when Oilers fans were orgasming over Kassian's dubious hits frim blatant charges in the 2017 ploffs?

From the Oilers organization to their pathetic media to their players to their fans, there is no one in professional sports with a bigger victim complex.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
For those wondering about "bUt TkACHuK's DIrTy hIT"

First off, Kassian's head is about 30" off the ice.
Second, Tkachuk hits him in the shoulder, with the small of his back. Watching in slow motion, Kassian's head moves toward Tkachuk, then away, signaling that head was unequivocally not the first point of contact.
Third, if he doesn't "straighten out his body" (Tkachuk doesn't lift his feet) he's gonna hit him with an elbow possibly being much worse if not devastating.

Something that everyone appears to be missing (possibly too much salt in their eyes - never put salt in your eyes) is that the attack on Tkachuk, regardless of whether "he deserved it" or not, is very similar to the attack on Steve Moore by Todd Bertuzzi. It was vicious and over the top.

The resulting suspension could easily be 2-3 games (or long enough to ensure that Kassian isn't playing February 1). It could also be 20 games.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I can't believe people actually think that the Flames get a powerplay let alone two if Tkachuk fights back lol.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
For those wondering about "bUt TkACHuK's DIrTy hIT"

First off, Kassian's head is about 30" off the ice.
Second, Tkachuk hits him in the shoulder, with the small of his back. Watching in slow motion, Kassian's head moves toward Tkachuk, then away, signaling that head was unequivocally not the first point of contact.
Third, if he doesn't "straighten out his body" (Tkachuk doesn't lift his feet) he's gonna hit him with an elbow possibly being much worse if not devastating.

Something that everyone appears to be missing (possibly too much salt in their eyes - never put salt in your eyes) is that the attack on Tkachuk, regardless of whether "he deserved it" or not, is very similar to the attack on Steve Moore by Todd Bertuzzi. It was vicious and over the top.

The resulting suspension could easily be 2-3 games (or long enough to ensure that Kassian isn't playing February 1). It could also be 20 games.

It's almost as if Oiler fans were too stupid to function properly, that's why they live in Edmonton.

Just read the straight Pejorative Sluration in the main forums. These people are beyond help.

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
My favourite thing about the Oil media right now is the clear misdirection they’re totally song and dancing.

the team just lost probably the biggest game they’ve played in two years; but all they want to do is talk about how dirty Matthew is. It’s nothing new from one of the worst groups in the NHL. And that’s coming from a team Eric Francis writes for.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
My favourite thing about the Oil media right now is the clear misdirection they’re totally song and dancing.

the team just lost probably the biggest game they’ve played in two years; but all they want to do is talk about how dirty Matthew is. It’s nothing new from one of the worst groups in the NHL. And that’s coming from a team Eric Francis writes for.
Moral victories are all that matter, man. Kassian's magical play. Bigger than the two points that were up for grabs. All about making sure Tkachuk knows his place.

Can't wait for the 29th when he gets under their skin again. Gonna be fireworks.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

I was in that camp that felt Kassian had gone too far (as much as I liked to see the rough justice on Tkachuk), but then I saw more angles of clips of that first blindside Tkachuk hit and head shot on Kassian. It’s one of the nastiest, most reckless and vile hits I’ve seen in hockey.
:laugh:

Ex-NHL players & insiders defend Zack Kassian and blast Matt Tkachuk's dangerous plays

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

My favourite is for all the talk about "The Code" there's literally zero mention about not beating on a guy when he's down on the ice.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
My favourite is for all the talk about "The Code" there's literally zero mention about not beating on a guy when he's down on the ice.
People aren't actually worried about player safety. They don't like "turtling." There brains perceive an unfinished equation when I guy doesn't fight, so smoke starts coming out of their ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad