GDT: Oilers @ Flames on HNIC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Phone calls are for minor suspensions or fines, personal hearings when there might be more games? Of course it does not mean there'll be any suspension

Reactions: Tofveve

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
You know what's funny to me? There's a whole lot of chirping about Tkachuk turtling, and there's also some comments on how none of the Flames went and defended Tkachuk when he was getting ragged on by Kassian, and how that's a classless move from the Flames players and etc etc.

But no one's talking about how f***ing terrible the Oilers are at killing off those Kassian penalties that were supposedly oh so deserved. Where's the team unity there? The Oilers can't even come together and kill off the penalties to support their boy Kassian? Instead they roll out and give up the GWG.

Tkachuk can handle himself. I'm sure he and the rest of the Flames are sleeping well knowing they got the 2 points that matter, rather than winning some moral victory that just makes you look like an imbecile on national tv.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Pretty much. Outside of a few rushes though Gio and Brodie really handled McDavid well.. and the fancy stats back that up.

And of course! Hamonic amd Hanifin were getting pinned into the D zone again.

It's almost like everyone knows exactly what to do facing hamonic. Just wait for him to back off and go down on all four...lol

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Last night shows how much we need to re-sign Brodie and let Hamonic walk unless Hams takes a hometown discount

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Last night shows how much we need to re-sign Brodie and let Hamonic walk unless Hams takes a hometown discount

I hope BT gets another dman and trade Hamonic at the TDL

I dont think I want to see the Hamonic-Hanifin pairing for another year. I would even say no to a discount unless he want to come back as a 7th dman. Which is not going to happen.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Again another prime example of what a beauty Tkachuk is. The fact that an opposing player is talking to the media and sounding off about him is classic Tkachuk. He really does live rent free in the Oilers heads and I hope they all try and kill him next game, that exactly Chucky wants. He picks his spots so well, even his words. He’s a master at his craft and I think he does it better than Marchand.

Lindholm is so good to, at everything. It’s been amazing seeing him grow into such a good all around player. He hasn’t been scoring quite as hot as last season, but he does everything right. If Johnny and Monahan could just catch fire again, we would be more than okay.

Neal is also a POS and the worst teammate ever.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Phone calls are for minor suspensions or fines, personal hearings when there might be more games? Of course it does not mean there'll be any suspension
I think it guarantees at least one game. That's what Lucic got for one punch.

IMO this is at least worth two+, especially given the circumstances, the players involved, and that he kept going once Chucky hit the ice.

You know what's funny to me? There's a whole lot of chirping about Tkachuk turtling, and there's also some comments on how none of the Flames went and defended Tkachuk when he was getting ragged on by Kassian, and how that's a classless move from the Flames players and etc etc.
If you'll notice, Chucky literally pushes Lindholm away at the start of this all. "I know what I'm getting into."

Last edited:
Reactions: FlamerForLife
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Again another prime example of what a beauty Tkachuk is. The fact that an opposing player is talking to the media and sounding off about him is classic Tkachuk. He really does live rent free in the Oilers heads and I hope they all try and kill him next game, that exactly Chucky wants. He picks his spots so well, even his words. He’s a master at his craft and I think he does it better than Marchand.

Lindholm is so good to, at everything. It’s been amazing seeing him grow into such a good all around player. He hasn’t been scoring quite as hot as last season, but he does everything right. If Johnny and Monahan could just catch fire again, we would be more than okay.

Neal is also a POS and the worst teammate ever.

I still think he can maybe hit 70 points this year. His line is developing really good chemistry and he's adjusting to center quite well. The JG and SM line is starting get a little better, but Johnny really needs to man up and get into the center of the ice again.. Even Mangi is looking better in the O zone and he's similar size.

Really need another top 6 winger that can score and that would allow us to drop Backlund down to a more shutdown role, as he's been hot garage offensively.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I think it guarantees at least one game. That's what Lucic got for one punch.

IMO this is at least worth two+, especially given the circumstances, the players involved, and that he kept going once Chucky hit the ice.

If you'll notice, Chucky literally pushes Lindholm away at the start of this all. "I know what I'm getting into."
I didn't see that, but I love it. Like I said, Tkachuk knows how to defend himself. He knows what he is and he does it perfectly.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Also I like how many Oilers fans I see saying cheapshot Gaudreau or Tkachuk etc.

1. Your team hasn't done shit over all of Tkachuk's "antics"
2. Wishing injuries on other teams players is trashy but having talked to Oilers fans on HF it's not surprising.
3. If Kassian were to cheapshot Tkachuk or Gaudreau what do you suppose a team featuring Bennett, Tkachuk, Rinaldo and Lucic does about that? Taking this nuclear is a loss for both sides and a bigger loss for the team that has the best player in the NHL.

Last edited:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I vividly remember Kassian delivering very similar hits in the playoffs of 2017. In fact, some of those were probably worse. Of course, they were celebrated by Oilers fans

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Everyone in the building, across Canada watching what's going on.

Everyone, that is, except for one...

Oqp67rB.gif

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Kassian is literally too stupid to be talking. Calls Tkachuk a p***y, yet he can't take getting rocked by clean hits. What a cry baby. Flames score the GWG on the PP and Oilers lose.

Yeah chirp Tkachuk you moron, going to do you real good when you don't make the playoffs because your a complete clown on the ice.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Another big takeaway I had last night was just how awful Larsson is.

Dude was Dube's bitch all game long. Dube, a guy who is 5" shorter and 30 lbs lighter. Dube absolutely crushed him in the first and continued on in the 2nd and 3rd. Mangiapane was man handling Larsson as well. Guy is absolute trash. A defensive d-man who gets bodied by players WAY smaller than him.

I think the Hall-Larsson trade has to be even worse than the Forsberg-Erat trade.

Oh also, Draisaitl away from McDavid is an absolute train wreck. Complete non-factor last night.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Another big takeaway I had last night was just how awful Larsson is.

Dude was Dube's ***** all game long. Dube, a guy who is 5" shorter and 30 lbs lighter. Dube absolutely crushed him in the first and continued on in the 2nd and 3rd. Mangiapane was man handling Larsson as well. Guy is absolute trash. A defensive d-man who gets bodied by players WAY smaller than him.

I think the Hall-Larsson trade has to be even worse than the Forsberg-Erat trade.

Oh also, Draisaitl away from McDavid is an absolute train wreck. Complete non-factor last night.
I loved when Larsson went to hit Dube in the 1st. Dube stood him up.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Games like this make me miss Iggy. Even in a hobbled 4th line role, I would've liked to see him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->