News Article: Bob Cole Passes Away At 90

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Best ever.

My favorite was when someone would try some move in the ice that failed. Bob Cole "that didnt work"

• Haha
Reactions: OddyOh

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Very sad day and news. For me it was Bob Cole and Harry Neale and there will never be a better commentary duo...

Rest easy Bob you will be missed.

Reactions: ITM and TMLeafer

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Don’t have any words to express how much I loved him calling games. He called all the biggest hockey moments for most of my life.

I didn’t even care at the end when he was struggling to do it.. just give me the voice and a hockey game and good to go.

Sad, RIP, you sir, were a dandy.

Last edited:
Reactions: ITM and Dr.Funk

Obo

Nov 20, 2019
A wonderful voice and part of the soundtrack to my childhood. RIP.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Don’t have any words to express how much I loved him calling games. He called all the biggest hockey moments for most of my life.

I didn’t even care at the end when he was struggling to do it.. just give me the voice and a hockey game and good to go.

Sad, RIP, you sir, were a dandy.

1. Doug Gilmour’s wraparound goal against the Blues in the 1993 playoffs​

“Gilmour back of the net, Andreychuk in front with Borschevsky. It is Gilmour waiting, waiting, around the net, waiting — he’s open! Gilmour! Solo job! And he’s won it, in a second overtime period. How. About. That. Oh my. Oh my. What a night, tonight, for the Toronto Maple Leafs.”

Last edited:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
“How about that! Ohhhhhh baby!”

1714088753444.jpeg

RIP to the voice of my childhood. Rest well.

• Love
Reactions: OddyOh and ITM

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Bob Cole is the greatest Canadian broadcasting legend in the history of the game. Generations of hockey fans will remember him.

RIP

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: OddyOh and ITM

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto

1. Doug Gilmour’s wraparound goal against the Blues in the 1993 playoffs​

“Gilmour back of the net, Andreychuk in front with Borschevsky. It is Gilmour waiting, waiting, around the net, waiting — he’s open! Gilmour! Solo job! And he’s won it, in a second overtime period. How. About. That. Oh my. Oh my. What a night, tonight, for the Toronto Maple Leafs.”

The ten second pause right after where he says nothing and just lets the live noise from the stadium through.. so we can be there too on our tv’s.. that’s Bob Cole being the greatest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad