Oilers fans sing American anthem after microphone breaks

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I'm sure they learn about it, but it blows my mind that any time there's a question about Canada on Jeopardy, 98% of the time, no one gets it right, or has no clue. Even when it's a really easy question.

effeffeight

Dec 1, 2016
I'm sure they learn about it, but it blows my mind that any time there's a question about Canada on Jeopardy, 98% of the time, no one gets it right, or has no clue. Even when it's a really easy question.
Because most people in general are stupid. Combine that with the fact that, honestly, Canadian history isn't more important to Americans just because they're bordering us, and you've got a recipe for failure.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
It's also already been mentioned that San Jose did not boo the Canadian Anthem. They were booing Pronger on the jumbo tron.

Still probably not the best time to boo, but good to know that. In Edmonton, no one heard about that at the time. We only heard the boos. Fortunately, the people of Edmonton responded the right way rather than retaliating.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Can any Canadian name all the Mexican States? or let alone how many there are? Only 2 countries over, right...

Good point. We may know more about the US than they do us, but that is probably because we are pretty entrenched in their culture through our entertainment streams (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and general TV coverage).

All the US probably sees of us is Toronto sports teams, a little bit of Vancouver and Montreal and the few NHL fans get to learn a bit about the other areas of Canada.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
This is sooo Canadian, right down to the fact it's pretty two-faced.

Average Canadian: Americans are idiots, look at them voting for Trump. Sings American national anthem, pats self on back for how great self is.

Sincerely,
A Canadian :)

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Average Canadian: Americans are idiots, look at them voting for Trump. Sings American national anthem, pats self on back for how great self is.

Sincerely,

That's incredibly generalizing.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

Sincerely,

I've found Canadians don't generalize too much and have an open mind when meeting people. It usually turns out Americans aren't what they saw on Jerry Springer and COPS :)

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Can any Canadian name all the Mexican States? or let alone how many there are? Only 2 countries over, right...

I can only name Jalisco, Yucatan, Quintano Roo and Baja California Sur. Coincidently where Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Mayan Riviera and Cabo are located. The rest of Mexico is just murder and drugs.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
it was a cool thing, but I hope we don't drive it into the ground by doing it on purpose now

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
I've found Canadians don't generalize too much and have an open mind when meeting people. It usually turns out Americans aren't what they saw on Jerry Springer and COPS :)

And all people from New Jersey don't act like the people from The Jersey Shore :)

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
As people have said, the same thing happened in Toronto a couple years back

But nobody mentioned Nashville returned the gesture as a 'thank you' the following time Toronto was visiting :handclap:

hoove17

Oct 29, 2015
As people have said, the same thing happened in Toronto a couple years back

But nobody mentioned Nashville returned the gesture as a 'thank you' the following time Toronto was visiting :handclap:

Which coincidently was when Brett Kissel (the anthem singer it happened to in Edmonton) was singing the anthems in Nashville where he makes his permanent home and is invited to sing the anthems at Bridgestone occasionally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad