Oilers fall 3-1

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
this game confirms that we still suck. Wish the lockout was still on so we wouldn't have to watch this team embarrass itself.

It's one game. Don't go do anything drastic.

We're going to be fine.

This was a game when we needed a goal from the 3rd or 4th line. We didn't get it.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Worst part about these early games is that I'll be slightly irritated the rest of the day.

Frustrating game to watch. I'm not sure what it is about that game that bothered me so much. Maybe the fact that I know the team is so much better than the Avs and we're getting outworked and outplayed.

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
The saddest thing his how many people predicted this. A no-show effort versus an ahl team.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Tough to win when you can't score, you're chasing from behind and you're giving up 35-40 shots a game.

Disturbing stuff. Every game it's been tougher to come back and it all came to a head today. This club still has a long, long, long, long, long way to go.

Colorado got like 20 shots on the PP.

Not sure why the Oilers couldn't draw more calls against this team; just chip the puck in and go wide, none of their defense can skate.

Willy Lindstrom

Nov 25, 2008
First game I've been able to watch this year.
After reading all the press clippings I really had my hopes up.

Looked awfully familiar....

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
2 really big empty net misses in the first. Nuge and Yakupov.
Getting more than 2 PP's would be nice too.

Oh well.

Mentallydull

Jul 3, 2008
Oil Country
Possibly the ugliest game I've seen the Oilers play this year. It seemed like EVERY time we tried to gain the zone there was a mandatory deke/loss of the puck.

Almost no cycling, bad passing, bad puck possession, over-passing, lack of decent shots.

The only real bright spots were the PK and Dubnyk.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Meh, bad game. It happens and i personally expected it to happen considering the schedule and the altitude. Just file it away and move on to the next one.
I'm sure that some posters will cry that the sky is falling, have fun HFOil.

flashyflash

Ryan Smyth is BATMAN
May 1, 2006
london
3 games in 4 nights on the road will tire you out.

That 3rd period showed lack of urgency and it took Ryan Smyth and Teemu Harti..... to finally get this team to try something that period.

They just refuse to shoot and that is the biggest concern I have for this team.

BadMedicine*

Boy, that Yakupov sure is classless......:shakehead

I love the kid and hope he keeps scoring like he does, we need someone to rub a little salt into the wounds of our opponents. Hoo-rah!

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Schultz would of had the go ahead goal literally on his stick if Hall didn't make that dumb selfish play

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Possibly the ugliest game I've seen the Oilers play this year. It seemed like EVERY time we tried to gain the zone there was a mandatory deke/loss of the puck.

Almost no cycling, bad passing, bad puck possession, over-passing, lack of decent shots.

The only real bright spots were the PK and Dubnyk.

Calgary game was worse. If we scored another in the first we would have been cruising.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Yes, because one game dictates that.

We're going to be fine. Don't jump off a bridge after one loss.

We played like ****, another afternoon game by the Oilers as usual, but I agree with you.

I can't wait to hear how we need to draft Seth Jones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad