GDT: Oilers @ Ducks - 7 PM PT - 4 AM CET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Just looked through some stats from last night and Bieksa really does shine in a bad way there too. He was mostly matched up against the top line (RNH, Hall, Draisaitl) and he managed a whopping ~25% CF-rating against those three. Fowler had it around ~40%.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I'm so sick of Hagelin. He's the most useless NHL forward I've ever seen, how in the world did he get 4 million per year?? At this point, I'd rather play Friberg as a LW over him, at least Max can't be any worse. Here's hoping we trade his *** ASAP.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Whats up with Andersen and softies lately, I saw him when I was at the team store he seems like an overconfident ****.

Eh, I get where you're coming from but from a goalies perspective if he didn't have that confidence he'd probably be way worse, and he still has a .924sv% which is pretty mind boggling considering the softies he lets in.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I'm so sick of Hagelin. He's the most useless NHL forward I've ever seen, how in the world did he get 4 million per year?? At this point, I'd rather play Friberg as a LW over him, at least Max can't be any worse. Here's hoping we trade his *** ASAP.

Hagelin has been good lately, if you want to point fingers point them at Silfverberg he is entering Etem territory offensively.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
The positive I take out of the game is Rakell with the Twins. I've been campaigning for this since last season! I thought he looked awesome on the wing and meshed well with them right away. I could see him becoming a legit top 6 winger in this league.

Jack Bauer DAMNIT

Two Way Defenseman
Nov 11, 2015
Golden State
That top line looked nasty with Rick on the wing. I think there's some potential there.
Second line is a little too Swede, not enough Finnish.
Secondary scoring is always helpful.
Bieksa makes the whole defensive corps look bad (Sbisa) and would look much better in a Sharks jersey.
You can always count on Fred to let in his signature softie.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I did not stay up to watch because of a very early wake up. As I peruse the box score one major issue jumps out at me, and I'm not sure how you fix it without bruising Kesler's ego.

He plays just about 20 minutes a night for the Ducks and he is now a -11. His two line mates are -6 and -7. For my money, this is a coaching issue.

If everybody who plays like **** had their minutes cut, we wouldn't have enough players to finish the game.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
its looking like our season will ride or die with fowler right now. he is basically keeping our d-corps afloat as well as sami/stoner being reliable.

DaDucks*

its looking like our season will ride or die with fowler right now. he is basically keeping our d-corps afloat as well as sami/stoner being reliable.

You mean the top pairing might be around -20 instead of around -10???

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Fowler has been our best Dman by a landslide, Sami has been pretty darn good too. Hampus has been meh, id say no better than Manson to be honest. Stoner looks pretty good to me this season though. Bieksa, oh man I really wish there was a way to get him off this roster. It's like he's trying to be Brent Burns, but with about 10% of the talent.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Are you prepared to own this statement?

Take the afternoon to think about it

sure. i'll stand by it. pull up his minuses and lets see how many were actually his fault vs a soft goal by andersen or someone else completely screwing up

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I find it hard to believe anyone can fault Fowler on his play this year. My only complain is I dont like him on the point for the Power Play, which is more a reflection of his lack of a hard shot and assertiveness. Besides that he has been great in every other aspect.

DaDucks*

sure. i'll stand by it. pull up his minuses and lets see how many were actually his fault vs a soft goal by andersen or someone else completely screwing up

You could do his whole career, all -47 of them, would it really make you feel better? The fact that he's stacking -'s is the problem, not how they are attained.

His play is good, I haven't said otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad