GDT: Oilers @ Ducks - 7 PM PT - 4 AM CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDucks*

Friggin Bieksa, man. What was Murray thinking?

giphy.gif

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Where would a defenceman fit though? Assuming we want Manson to stay in the NHL, we'd have to move both of Stoner/Bieksa are traded. And Bieksa going to be near impossible to move with a NMC (though I'd love to see it happen).

Bieksa would sit. The dman coming in would have to be a UFA to be. I'd be operating under the assumption despres is dead, and then adjust if/when he comes back to life.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
I would love to see Bieksa gone. But him just being signed to that contract makes it less likely, if you look at past precedent. It's not like a show-me contract like Heatley got. That's a lot of money to just shunt aside, assuming Murray would even do that. And we might have to pay someone to take him.

I'm also not sure it's enough. It helps, but he isn't the only problem. He's just the most obvious.

Edit: and yeah, I bypassed the joke. Sorry. Just kind of frustrated with how this off-season turned out, and where we stand now.

i hated the bieska deal right when it happened. i thought he was a horrible choice to replace beauch.

not the only problem, but he is a big one.

he has surpassed my expectations of his suckage. not sure if its the minutes that are causing him to be more noticeable or not, but he has to be played less. guy pinches at bad times, can be counted on to take bad lanes multiple times a game, and makes bad decisions with the puck.

on the plus side i don't think he left his feet to sweep check this game.

still trying to figure out if he is the reason lindholm looks so bad or if he is also having a bad year. probably both.

we don't have an answer unless a call up will solve our problem. we have to much money invested in the acquisitions we made this off season. unless the internal budget is upped, we can't hold all the better pieces we have as it is.

or we make a trade, but who is going to take a non scoring haglin or a wtf is he doing now bieska. no one, we will have to get rid of a piece we want to save with the cap relief anyway. murray backed himself into a hole and we are stuck.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Doesn't Bieksa have a NTC, not a NMC? Stick his ass in SD and keep Holzer up. They're both on one way deals. The payroll does not suffer and we clear $200K of cap room. Problem solved. At least for the rest of this year.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
your in socal man, not chicago.

Well, Bob likes to do what the last team to beat us does. So maybe he can go to school with the Hawks. Besides, it's an improvement to the team on the ice. And it doesn't cost anything. And, it might just piss causal kev off just enough to demand another trade. That could be the real bonus in all this.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Bieksa would sit. The dman coming in would have to be a UFA to be. I'd be operating under the assumption despres is dead, and then adjust if/when he comes back to life.
That makes sense, couldn't afford to fit in a multiple year guy. List of UFA d-men to be is here: Link. There is some interesting names in there.

Doesn't Bieksa have a NTC, not a NMC? Stick his ass in SD and keep Holzer up. They're both on one way deals. The payroll does not suffer and we clear $200K of cap room. Problem solved. At least for the rest of this year.
I guess it depends on BM and if he wants to honor the NMC that kicks in from next season, I guess some GM's would think it poor form to not do that when you agreed to give him one a couple of months ago. I'd certainly prefer if he didn't honor it as it's crippling any flexibility we could have on the backend that's for sure.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
Well, Bob likes to do what the last team to beat us does. So maybe he can go to school with the Hawks. Besides, it's an improvement to the team on the ice. And it doesn't cost anything. And, it might just piss causal kev off just enough to demand another trade. That could be the real bonus in all this.

i can just see that conversation with the samuelis.

hi boss, i just spent a crap ton of your money on this guy that sucks.
what, hell no i didn't test him out with a starter contract. gotta go big man.
anyway...
i want to move him to san diego so he can **** on their stats and pay someone else who is garbage more than he is worth to replace him.

just sign on the line when the fax comes through.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
That makes sense, couldn't afford to fit in a multiple year guy. List of UFA d-men to be is here: Link. There is some interesting names in there.

I guess it depends on BM and if he wants to honor the NMC that kicks in from next season, I guess some GM's would think it poor form to not do that when you agreed to give him one a couple of months ago. I'd certainly prefer if he didn't honor it as it's crippling any flexibility we could have on the backend that's for sure.

Are you sure it is a NMC? I thought it was a NTC.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
i can just see that conversation with the samuelis.

hi boss, i just spent a crap ton of your money on this guy that sucks.
what, hell no i didn't test him out with a starter contract. gotta go big man.
anyway...
i want to move him to san diego so he can **** on their stats and pay someone else who is garbage more than he is worth to replace him.

just sign on the line when the fax comes through.

Hmm, sounds like the makings of another HBO hockey special...GMs, behind the scenes with the stupid **** they do.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
3 points out of the playoffs, 5 points out of first. (4/6 with tiebreakers but whatever)

At least there's a lot of time to fiddle while the Ponda burns.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Does his NTC actually still apply, if he waived it to come here? Isn't that a little fuzzy sometimes?
I think it's a similar situation to if you sign a guy to an extension with a NTC/NMC that doesn't kick in till next season. Down to the GM if they wish to honor it or not.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Can't Bieksa just do what Lovejoy did when he was good? Just get the puck to Cam and not suck?

He isn't capable of this because he won't acknowledge what a sucky defenseman he is. According to an OCR article from a couple of days ago, Bieksa wants Cam to give him the puck "in the seam" or somewhere else up the ice rather than him staying behind the net or in the defensive zone and getting the puck to Cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad