Pre-Game Talk: Oilers Ducks 7:00pm SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
:edmonton: Lineup based on last game:

Hall - Drai - Yak (Interesting to see if his request going public changes anything)
Maroon - Mcdavid - Eberle
Kassian - Letestu- Korps
Pak - Hendricks - Cracknell

Sekera - Fayne
Nurse - Clendening
Oesterle - Reinhart

Talbot

:ducks2: Lineup based on 10 seconds in their last GDT: (Likely very wrong)

Pirri - Getzlaf - Stewart
McGinn - Rakell - Perry
Cogliano - Horcoff - Silfverberg
Ritchie - Thompson - Garbutt

Lindholm - Manson
Fowler - Holzer
Stoner - Theodore

Andersen/Gibson

I'm hoping for a high scoring game, connor with a couple points, and leon heats up for the last 4 games.
Win or lose I don't care, as long as there's an effort.

Losing tonight leaves us with 3 games remaining, and tied for second last in the league, with each other team having 3+ games in hand.

However, winning is winning. **** first overall.

Just noticed I have 500 Vcash, That's all going on the oilers!

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Maroon's first game against his old club. He will be motivated. Let's hope McDavid puts up 2+ points again. Making a good case for the Calder.

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
Tonight Yakupov, playing again with Hall, who is the one player, IMO, Yak has consistently had chemistry with his entire career, will put on a show. He will dance around, make smart plays and get open to receive passes from our 2nd and 3rd best playmakers, and have a huge game. He'll score 3 and assist on 2 others in a 6-5 win over the Ducks. His 3rd will come with just seconds left, a buzzer beater in OT to give the Oilers the win and himself the 'trick. Immediately the celly will be on in grand form. Unfortunately, the celly results in either Yak or one of his linemates getting injured. I don't know which one though.

sundaysleftovers

Feb 28, 2013
Saskatchewan
Tonight Yakupov, playing again with Hall, who is the one player, IMO, Yak has consistently had chemistry with his entire career, will put on a show. He will dance around, make smart plays and get open to receive passes from our 2nd and 3rd best playmakers, and have a huge game. He'll score 3 and assist on 2 others in a 6-5 win over the Ducks. His 3rd will come with just seconds left, a buzzer beater in OT to give the Oilers the win and himself the 'trick. Immediately the celly will be on in grand form. Unfortunately, the celly results in either Yak or one of his linemates getting injured. I don't know which one though.

Doubt it, he won't even see the ice in OT! :laugh:

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
It has been all but confirmed.

It should be very interesting to see how much he gets matched up against McDavid, as the last time they played in Anaheim Kesler was in Connor's grill all night and pretty much shut him down and was chirping all night and all but bragging about it post-game.

I wonder how much success he'll have in this now that McDavid has Maroon on his wing.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

For those that aren't able to see twitter embeds, Stauffer says Gryba and Pardy were both on the ice for the morning skate - doesn't say if they're playing.

RNH was on the ice too, but is not playing.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Also, Teemu Selanne has signed a one-game contract for tonight, simply to "kick the **** out of Edmonton one last time".

I was thinking the same thing. Oh gee lucky us, Is Paul Kariya coming with him again? But hey at least we have Gryba and Pardy skating and possible to play. That should more than balance it out.

Jun 9, 2011
Be nice to win tonight. There is a long time between now and the next game. Would sure love to have one of the PGT threads full of love, love, love. :sarcasm: and I'm not sure if the Oil Kings games are televised to fill the space.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Even with Kesler and Vatanen back in the lineup the ANA lineup looks like garbage on paper compared to the Oilers.

After Getzlaf, Perry there really isnt much... Defense has no 30min anchor and no franchise goalie.

Shows what system can do to a club...Oilers need to rid themselves of a few flash n dash players for more Maroons and Kassians.

Baby Nilsson

Apr 20, 2006
Victoria
I was thinking the same thing. Oh gee lucky us, Is Paul Kariya coming with him again? But hey at least we have Gryba and Pardy skating and possible to play. That should more than balance it out.

what you talking about that would be ****ing awesome

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Edmonton's actually played Anaheim pretty tough this season. 4 of 5 games decided by 1 goal.

And the one game that finished 5-3 was essentially a 1 goal game as the Ducks scored 2 empty net goals with an Oiler goal sandwiched in between them.

That said, the games haven't really been as close as the scored would indicate. In them the Oilers have been outshot by an average of 34 to 23 and have relied on some stellar netminding to keep them in those games.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Make no mistake, Anaheim is an incredible team. Their roster is light years better than ours. Their defence and overall team makeup is ideal. If it weren't for powerhouses Chicago and LA, they'd probably have a cup or two in the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad