Proposal: Oilers-devils (hall for larsson part 3)

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Again you didnt back up a baseless claim [mod]

You claim Vatanen needs to be sheltered, it's on you to prove it [mod].

So with a blue line that consists of two defensemen that are better than Vantanen, the best player in hockey in McDavid, a player in Draisaitl that’s supposedly far superior to Nico, in addition to RNH who is supposedly what Nico is, how on earth did your team suck and the Devils made the playoffs in the toughest division in hockey?

And don’t say goaltending, because the Devils goaltending wasn’t great either.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Again you didnt back up a baseless claim [mod]

You claim Vatanen needs to be sheltered, it's on you to prove it [mod].

I’ve posted that Vatanen can’t seem to post a positive CF Rel, a CF% of over 50%, and really only produces on the powerplay. He’s never had more than 5 goals or 15 assists at even strength. He’s not physical - never had 100 hits. He’s not a cycle breaker - less than 20 takeaways each of the last three seasons. He is what he is - a top four defenceman that needs a ton of PP time to be productive.

[mod]

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
reading this you'd think the Oilers were the team that was in the playoffs last year and the Devils were a bottom feeder

Vatanen sucks, SAntini sucks, Butcher needs sheltering, Wood and Bratt are only 30 point players and Hischier is just RNH

hmmm

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So with a blue line that consists of two defensemen that are better than Vantanen, the best player in hockey in McDavid, a player in Draisaitl that’s supposedly far superior to Nico, in addition to RNH who is supposedly what Nico is, how on earth did your team suck and the Devils made the playoffs in the toughest division in hockey?

I’m glad you asked.

Terrible special teams primarily - 25th PK and dead last powerplay, mostly the coaching to blame

awful forward depth.

Injuries in key places - neither Klefbom or Sekera were healthy all year

And, yes, goaltending. When Schneider faltered you had Kinkaid step up. We had no one when Talbot took the first two months of the season off and had a sub .900 SV% At Christmas.

I appreciate the spirit of what OP tried to do, but when OP is trying to move our second best player and our top pairing the return had better be earth shaking and this ain’t it.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
I’m glad you asked.

Terrible special teams primarily - 25th PK and dead last powerplay, mostly the coaching to blame

awful forward depth.

Injuries in key places - neither Klefbom or Sekera were healthy all year

And, yes, goaltending. When Schneider faltered you had Kinkaid step up. We had no one.

I appreciate the spirit of what OP tried to do, but when OP is trying to move our second best player and our top pairing the return had better be earth shaking and this ain’t it.

Like I said, you know nothing outside your bubble.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal

I'm pretty sure Talbot set an NHL record by letting in the first shot of the game 14 times this season.
I believe one of the first 3 shots went in over 30 times.

So.. whatever shape you think your goaltending was.. no. just not even remotely close to whatever the hell happened to Talbot.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
reading this you'd think the Oilers were the team that was in the playoffs last year and the Devils were a bottom feeder

Vatanen sucks, SAntini sucks, Butcher needs sheltering, Wood and Bratt are only 30 point players and Hischier is just RNH

hmmm

[mod] No one has said anyone sucked. Butcher and Vatanen are just not top pairing defencemen on a team with ambitions of more than ‘just happy to be here’ come playoff time.

Benning is better than Santini right now. Draisaitl is better than Hischier right now.

Wood and Bratt ARE just 30 point players right now. They could be more eventually but Edmonton couldn’t expect spikes in production. We did that with Strome. Sometimes a 30 point player is a 30 point player.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Won't happen. As to Drai and Hischier. I'm adding to Hischier if the Devils want Drai back.
it was basically Hischier+Bratt+Wood for Draisaitl

which is beside the point because value aside Devils dont trade Hischier for Draisaitl straight up

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'm pretty sure Talbot set an NHL record by letting in the first shot of the game 14 times this season.
I believe one of the first 3 shots went in over 30 times.

So.. whatever shape you think your goaltending was.. no. just not even remotely close to whatever the hell happened to Talbot.

Talbot had a .908
the Devils as a team had a .910

very similar

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Like I said, you know nothing outside your bubble.

Seems to me I’m the only one bringing any stats or reasoning to this fight. What, I’m wrong that Bratt/Wood are 30 point players at this stage in their careers? Sami Vatanen is a 1D? By what metric or proof? You think Hischier is better than Drai? Again based on what? [mod]

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
[mod] No one has said anyone sucked. Butcher and Vatanen are just not top pairing defencemen on a team with ambitions of more than ‘just happy to be here’ come playoff time.

Benning is better than Santini right now. Draisaitl is better than Hischier right now.

Wood and Bratt ARE just 30 point players right now. They could be more eventually but Edmonton couldn’t expect spikes in production. We did that with Strome. Sometimes a 30 point player is a 30 point player.

so all the EDM players will hit their potential but none of the Devils players will. Very realistic and reasonable.

Have a wonderful evening

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Talbot had a .908
the Devils as a team had a .910

very similar

:laugh: nice try comparing a single goalie’s SV% with a team stat.

Edmonton’s team SV% was .901. Like it or not, your goaltending being significantly better (and Chiarelli being an idiot and giving you Hall) are big reasons you were a playoff team.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
so all the EDM players will hit their potential but none of the Devils players will. Very realistic and reasonable.

Have a wonderful evening

Edmontons’ players are better now on the whole. I don’t know how to make it more plain than that. We’re gambling our second best forward and our two best defencemen in what I believe are downgrades in all three positions to gamble that Wood and Bratt can be more than they are now.

A defensive corps of Klefbom-Vatanen Butcher-Russell Sekera-Santini is f***ing awful. Greene-Larsson, Nurse-Severson, Moore-Benning is better any day of the week.

Last edited:

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
Edmontons’ players are better now on the whole. I don’t know how to make it more plain than that. We’re gambling our second best forward and our two best defencemen in what I believe are downgrades in all three positions to gamble that Wood and Bratt can be more than they are now.

A top four of Klefbom-Vatanen Butcher-Russell is ****ing awful.
So let me ask

do you think Draisaitl will be better than Hischier? (career wise)

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
To be even more blunt IF Hirschier pans out, he might be as good as Draisaitl currently is.
Which is what makes this entire thread cringe-worthy.

If the Oilers are trading Drai, we're getting back a #1 Right Handed Dman. Not a random package of magic beans.

Reactions: booyakasha and zar

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
To be even more blunt IF Hirschier pans out, he might be as good as Draisaitl currently is.

If the Oilers are trading Drai, we're getting back a #1 Right Handed Dman. Not a random package of magic beans.
Yikes dude, if Hischier 'pans out' hed be as good as Draisaitl today?

yeah, okay lmfao

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
feel free to choose Draisaitl over Hischier but man oh man Nico is being treated like hes some 'potential 1st liner'

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012

Hischier’s floor is Patrice Bergeron.

All you see is the point total, weight and height and you form certain conclusions. He’s already a complete player who is going to get better, and helped make the winger you guys dumped the MVP.

And I’m someone who wanted Nolan Patrick instead.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Hischier already has "panned out"

He was in the top 25 in the NHL in ES points/60 as an 18 year old playing against top competition

Draisaitl is a terrific player but Nico is being slighted. Draisaitl wasn't even in the NHL at 18

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hischier’s floor is Patrice Bergeron.

All you see is the point total, weight and height and you form certain conclusions. He’s already a complete player who is going to get better, and helped make the winger you guys dumped the MVP.

And I’m someone who wanted Nolan Patrick instead.

:laugh: his FLOOR is a four time Selke winner? That’s like saying Draisiatl’s floor is a Blake Wheeler/Peter Forsberg hybrid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad