Proposal: Oilers-devils (hall for larsson part 3)

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Relax Dude McDavid is awesome and everyone knows it. Every Oilers fan needs to chill out when people bring him up, it's absurd. He's not voldemort you can say his name or relate him to another player in terms of how a team values their own players. The devils gave you an actually good player and the islanders gave you a bottom 6 forward (at best) and an AHL D man for Eberle and the picks to take Barzal and Beavillier, may be time to change GMs.

NO! You are not allowed to speak the name of The McDavid unless you are a card carrying Oilers fan!
:laugh:

Reactions: New Jersey

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Gotta grin a bit to the God-like value Oilers' fans have given McJesus. Everyone has a price, everyone is tradeable. Not likely anyone's gonna pay the price, but last time i checked 16 teams that did not have McJesus made it to the playoffs and a team without McJesus hoisted the cup. Guess he isnt the winning recipe after all. Elite player, better than most but still tradeable if the right pieces are offered.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Gotta grin a bit to the God-like value Oilers' fans have given McJesus. Everyone has a price, everyone is tradeable. Not likely anyone's gonna pay the price, but last time i checked 16 teams that did not have McJesus made it to the playoffs and a team without McJesus hoisted the cup. Guess he isnt the winning recipe after all. Elite player, better than most but still tradeable if the right pieces are offered.

:laugh: have fun thinking that. Maybe three teams in the league could put together an offer that would maybe make the Oilers think briefly before turning it down, but they’d cripple themselves doing so.

The Devils... well. The Devils are not one of them.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
:laugh: have fun thinking that. Maybe three teams in the league could put together an offer that would maybe make the Oilers think briefly before turning it down, but they’d cripple themselves doing so.

The Devils... well. The Devils are not one of them.

Wasnt talking about the Devils to be frank. But some other teams might be able to, most likely not willing tho. As Edmonton has shown the world, even Gretzky 2.0 cant drag a sled full of rocks to the playoffs.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Draisaitl turned 19 on October 27, 2014. He was born in 1995.

so yes, he was in the NHL for 3 weeks as an 18 year old, my apologies

Now you are being pedantic... Draisaitl was in the NHL for 40 some games the year he was drafted. AKA ASAP post draft.

Hischier had a much better rookie season than Draisaitl, that's true. And RNH, a similarly built two-way C had an arguably better season than both... so clearly a single season isn't always a foreshadowing of years to come.

It's not an unreasonable position to take the 215 pound guy with 2 x 70+point seasons.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Now you are being pedantic... Draisaitl was in the NHL for 40 some games the year he was drafted. AKA ASAP post draft.

Hischier had a much better rookie season than Draisaitl, that's true. And RNH, a similarly built two-way C had an arguably better season than both... so clearly a single season isn't always a foreshadowing of years to come.

It's not an unreasonable position to take the 215 pound guy with 2 x 70+point seasons.

RNH in 2011-12- 1.90 ES points/60
Nico in 17-18- 2.46 ES points/60

Nico was the better player as a rookie

I also don't think anyone ever said that Hischier will 100% be better than Draisaitl

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018

I think neither team should do this trade, both players are highly valuable to their team and it is still unclear the ceiling for either player. The Devils team and organization love Nico and what he can become and Devils fans know a lot about what he brought to the table last year and what he can be moving forward with some more development. Oilers fans have seen Draisaitl become a borderline PPG player and should be excited about their team building around him and McDavid. It's going to be this way on almost every page on this site in terms of fans skewing their views towards their own players.

Reactions: bucks_oil

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
RNH in 2011-12- 1.90 ES points/60
Nico in 17-18- 2.46 ES points/60

Nico was the better player as a rookie

I also don't think anyone ever said that Hischier will 100% be better than Draisaitl

Thanks for looking the ES/60 up... I didn't have time and was basing on ppg. In any case, the point stands.... I don't think anyone expected RNH to stagnate after his rookie season, but a couple injuries will make you a little more tentative, and pick your spots better (less aggressive), when you realize you aren't as big as everyone else.

I definitely wouldn't do Drai for Hischier. I lose on size. I lose on current offense. And who knows whether his upside can be any greater than Drai's (and if it is, I'm likely losing on salary in two season's time given inflation). I personally can't imagine a C who would be a better fit in EDM than Drai. Hischier would have to become a top 5-10 two-way C in the league (since Drai is top 10-15).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad