Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 4-2 (Kuzmenko, Miller) - Thank you, Bruce

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
The boudreau situation is such a non-story, but the heat ownership and management is taking is too perfect. Even casuals are giving it to Aquilini now.
I respectfully disagree that it is a none story. The way it was handled was a joke. It was oiler level clown car stupidity. The moment the media got wind of what was going on, the Canucks should have done what 99% of the teams have done when they made the decision they were going to sack a coach but did not have his replacement in place. Sack the coach and name his assistant as interim coach and say " we will have a new guy in place shortly" not have a guy behind the bench knowing his is toast--no mater how good the coach is, players would ignore him and do what ever.

This is not a comment on the fans, city or players of Vancouver---but the management decision making procedures and policies. I have been a manager for 30 years in business, in different countries and organizations. This was handled very badly and unprofessionally. Nuck fans showed him outstanding respect with the "Bruce there it is" chant.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
This is not a comment on the fans, city or players of Vancouver---but the management decision making procedures and policies. I have been a manager for 30 years in business, in different countries and organizations. This was handled very badly and unprofessionally.

we-dont-care.gif

Reactions: JT Milker

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I wonder if Bruce was given the option to leave earlier and why didn’t he resign when the writing on the wall.
Money obviously.

Team fires you, you get paid.
You resign, you do not.

Even if he's made a nice chunk of money in his career I don't think anyone is walking away from guaranteed money.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Money obviously.

Team fires you, you get paid.
You resign, you do not.

Even if he's made a nice chunk of money in his career I don't think anyone is walking away from guaranteed money.
I just don’t understand why a deal couldn’t have been made to avoid the public spectacle that we just witnessed. Both sides would have been better off. I suspect there must have been have been a eff you moment from Bruce after hearing in his presser that he didn’t know “what he did to deserve this”.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I just don’t understand why a deal couldn’t have been made to avoid the public spectacle that we just witnessed. Both sides would have been better off. I suspect there must have been have been a eff you moment from Bruce after hearing in his presser that he didn’t know “what he did to deserve this”.
Totally, bizarre and messy situation that could have been avoided.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

I’m cynical enough at this point to believe it was actually the schedule thing.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
I mean from a merit perspective it’s justified. It’s not just the record but the way the team is being coached. I don’t agree with the firing but you can see the merit in it.

Gallant was, well they saw a shinier coach in De Boer and kicked Gallant to the curb, literally. It was a wtf move because there was literally zero loyalty despite what Gallant has done up to that point. It was like betrayal + ruthless + heartless.

I see people arguing well the moment this leaked, they should have fired BB and get Yeo to be intern. Well looks like Yeo is gonna get canned too. So you guys are fine with letting Yeo do the dead man walking thing? Or should they just fire them all and get like a sports trainer to coach for 2 weeks. Seems like this is just a case of media got ahead of things, frenzied it up when the team is not done with the logistics of having a replacement.
well, that is why I say it is worse than Gallant. JR wanted his buddy coach so badly that he went on to national tv to "bad-month" him in the offseason, except he would not be back. Then, he was back. So, instead of a vote of confidence, JR "bad-month" him a few more times, more votes of no confidence. How can people do their job this way? It is a death by a thousand paper cuts. JR should ask him not to come back, but he was too chicken to do it.
Merit perspective, c'mon, do you check out the roaster, Canucks is a xxxxxx team, what do you expect? 1st in the div :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
I'd go farther and say this is entirely Benning's fault.
? Why not just note the common denominator of the Benning and Rutherford eras: Aquilini, who hired them both presumably because their visions aligned with his own, and continues to micromanage Rutherford's hockey ops just like he did for Benning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad