Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 3-2 (SO) (Miller, Garland)

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Really hope we hang on to Garland. What a play driver he became. Garrett was saying 48 of his 52 points came at even strength? Keep that shit.

I really would have liked to see him in Millers spot on the powerplay at some point, so we could see how they do with someone else running the PP.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
LOL

Garland finishes top 30 in the league in 5v5 scoring
ahead of
Bergeron
Tavares
Rantanen
Nylander
Aho
etc etc

while playing less games than most of them

That Boy Jesper bratt over in Jersey can ask for Blank check from them.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
I dont see him ever being considered better then Josi, Hedman, and Makar
2 of those guys will be retired before Quinn can ride a roller coaster without parental consent. All time he may not top them, but without question will be better for several seasons. Could be as soon as next year.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Hughes has so many things he can work on, while still routinely being the best player on the ice. He has the potential to control the game like no other in the league, other than maybe McD.

EP has like 1 shot on net in his last 6 shootout attempts...

JT, you're a 100pt player in my book.

Garland, just, Garland

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Somehow Boudreau got everyone but Boeser to play better. Even took some spare part like Lammikko and Hunt were pushed them into being decent players.

If team can upgrade in a couple of spots and sustain what they've done since December, they should be a solid playoff contender next year.

This team gave it a very good try and should be congratulated for the heart they showed.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Somehow Boudreau got everyone but Boeser to play better. Even took some spare part like Lammikko and Hunt were pushed them into being decent players.

If team can upgrade in a couple of spots and sustain what they've done since December, they should be a solid playoff contender next year.

This team gave it a very good try and should be congratulated for the heart they showed.
For many of these players, it's the first time they've had an actual legit NHL head coach like *ever*. Thanks Jim Benning.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
With how close they were to making the playoffs despite their terrible start, you'd have to think that lesson will still be fresh in their heads next season. I expect them to start the year off playing harder than they have in years.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Are people really surprised we didn’t try and feed Miller 100 points at all costs? This team is all about the meaningless win at all costs. They don’t even care about playing injured and sick demko and EP all for a meaningless win. Last thing they care about is the future, the draft, player milestones. Just win the game regardless . The Russian racket and Pastorz mentality. Miller took one for the team so they could almost beat the oilers AHL roster lol. Good man .lol

Sets a precedent for the young players that one of your “leaders” would give up his milestone to play the right way. 🤭 am I doing the total homer thing right? Lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Are people really surprised we didn’t try and feed Miller 100 points at all costs? This team is all about the meaningless win at all costs.
What makes you feel they weren't doing everything possible to get Miller to 100? He played by far the most out of any forward and the team was looking for him all night. They rarely ever took it to the net without making sure he got a touch first. They quite often ignored good scoring chances in order to feed Miller.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Are people really surprised we didn’t try and feed Miller 100 points at all costs? This team is all about the meaningless win at all costs. They don’t even care about playing injured and sick demko and EP all for a meaningless win. Last thing they care about is the future, the draft, player milestones. Just win the game regardless . The Russian racket and Pastorz mentality. Miller took one for the team so they could almost beat the oilers AHL roster lol. Good man .lol

Sets a precedent for the young players that one of your “leaders” would give up his milestone to play the right way. 🤭 am I doing the total homer thing right? Lol

Is this sarcasm?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad