Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 3-2 (SO) (Miller, Garland)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: April 29th, 6:00PM, PST
WHERE: Rogers Place, Edmonton, AB
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet650

1651242694993.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup: (unconfirmed)
Garland - Miller - Chiasson
Podkolzin - Pettersson - Boeser
Highmore - Lammikko - Dickinson
Dries - Richardson - Petan

Hughes - Schenn
Ekman-Larsson - Myers
Burroughs - Hunt

Martin

GAME NOTES:
- The Canucks close out the 2021-2022 season tonight.

- JT Miller is 2 points away from being just the 6th Canuck ever (Pavel Bure, Alexander Mogilny, Markus Naslund, Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin) to post 100 points in a season.
- Spencer Martin is expected to start again for Vancouver.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'll be heading to this one for my 2nd ever Canuck game! Last time we were just entering the Benning era and I was full of hope! Oops...

Now we are entering a new era, and full of hope I am. Let's hope this time it's a beautiful Canuck win and the start of a beautiful new era!

Go Canucks go and let's kick some Oiler ass!

Hope you have a good time and that the boys can pull out a W for you.

As I said before - would be nice to put the boots to the Oilers here and send them into the playoffs with some question marks.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
JT better play 30 minutes with Vancouver's best players feeding him pucks all night. With the way he's put the team on his back all season he deserves to hit 100.

Agree. Would be really awesome to see him hit that milestone.

But that can backfire - I remember the last game in the 2003 season, our home loss to LA. Lots of guys passed up easy opportunities to score looking to set up Nazzy in his race for the Art Ross, and then we ended up losing 2-0. :laugh:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I remember we played Edmonton in our last game in 2018 (Sedins last game,Tryamkins last, and best game)...There's going to be some players who will be wearing the Canuck jersey for the final time.

Not concerned about the result, hopefully it will be an entertaining game..Canucks look to be ending their season on a positive note.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
P
Agree. Would be really awesome to see him hit that milestone.

But that can backfire - I remember the last game in the 2003 season, our home loss to LA. Lots of guys passed up easy opportunities to score looking to set up Nazzy in his race for the Art Ross, and then we ended up losing 2-0. :laugh:
Funny to look back on that - the “we choked” game. The Canucks were chokers because they failed to win the division. Remember when that was the standard?

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Without McDrai, there'll be other players getting more ice time, and making the most of it, so I hope we don't hang Martin out to dry. And both teams played last night, so no excuses. Hope Miller makes it to 100 pts tonight.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
I don't want Miller to get 100 points because I want him to try even harder next year to get it.

Next season is when it all comes together.

Reactions: mathonwy

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If the Canucks can beat a depleted Oilers team tonight, they'll finish with 93 points...exactly three points out of the playoffs. And 96 points is what most experts predicted would be needed to make the post-season in the Western Conference.

Hard not to conclude that this season has been a complete 'success', despite missing the playoffs again. The Canucks proved they're not far away, and with a few lineup tweaks next season, could leapfrog teams like Dallas, Nashville and even L.A..

But more importantly, the owner lowered the boom on coaching and management, and for the first time in eight long seasons there's some real optimism around this team going forward.

AD16

Aug 6, 2020
If the Canucks can beat a depleted Oilers team tonight, they'll finish with 93 points...exactly three points out of the playoffs. And 96 points is what most experts predicted would be needed to make the post-season in the Western Conference.

Hard not to conclude that this season has been a complete 'success', despite missing the playoffs again. The Canucks proved they're not far away, and with a few lineup tweaks next season, could leapfrog teams like Dallas, Nashville and even L.A..

But more importantly, the owner lowered the boom on coaching and management, and for the first time in eight long seasons there's some real optimism around this team going forward.

I don’t see it. This management has a lot of work to do to clean up the mess Benning has left. This season in a vacuum could certainly be considered a success compared to where we were at the end of last season and earlier in the year. But when you realize this group will have to rid itself of some key players to create cap space and will likely take a step back next year, the outlook seems fairly bleak. We’re already in the midst of the least successful run of hockey in franchise history and from the looks of it I’d say we’re poised to miss the playoffs for the 8th time in 9 seasons next year.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'll be heading to this one for my 2nd ever Canuck game! Last time we were just entering the Benning era and I was full of hope! Oops...

Now we are entering a new era, and full of hope I am. Let's hope this time it's a beautiful Canuck win and the start of a beautiful new era!

Go Canucks go and let's kick some Oiler ass!

Have fun man!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad