Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks - 3-2 (SO) (Miller, Garland)

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
What a shitty team full of f***ing losers. Thank you jim for a pile of shit.

Edm backup goalie and backup roster on b2b 40 save nights with our best player on the verge of 100 points. Young goalie making big saves above expectations and that kinda dull energy nothing burger.

And a shootout loss.

I regret wasting time watching that whole thing, I've seen many games where players are trying to hit milestones and we barely tried to get miller 100.
Usually they're non stop feeding that guy. We did not.
Bruce did to his credit. Hughes and boeser too.

But theres so much stupid junk on this team thats just mind numbing to be forced to watch over and over. Stupid oel cant make a play, especially not to a wide open boeser. Chiasson just doesn't know what the f to do if its not skate down the wing or stand in front of net. Myers is just a giraffe with giraffe brain on skates.

Get these clowns outta here.

I know oel is impossible but try, hard. Anywhere. Toss is a pick idc.
Myers i think is gone, and i dont want to see chisson or sutter or petan or any other no iq garbage.

Thankfully it seems management isnt fooled by this bruce bump and sees the huge pit the reality of this team is. Absolute garbage prospect pool, terrible depth where Burroughs plays fwd multiple games, cant call up Rathbone at all after all star season, and best seasons by multiple players and long periods of health and vezina goaltending and can't get close to playoffs or beat bad teams routinely.

Just such dire desperate need for change and moves that make undeniable sense.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.

Edm backup goalie and backup roster on b2b 40 save nights with our best player on the verge of 100 points. Young goalie making big saves above expectations and that kinda dull energy nothing burger.

And a shootout loss.

I regret wasting time watching that whole thing, I've seen many games where players are trying to hit milestones and we barely tried to get miller 100.

But theres so much stupid junk on this team thats just mind numbing to be forced to watch over and over. Stupid oel cant make a play, especially not to a wide open boeser. Chiasson just doesn't know what the f to do if its not skate down the wing or stand in front of net. Myers is just a giraffe with giraffe brain on skates.

Myers i think is gone, and i dont want to see chisson or sutter or petan or any other no iq garbage.

Thankfully it seems management isnt fooled by this bruce bump and sees the huge pit the reality of this team is. Absolute garbage prospect pool, terrible depth where Burroughs plays fwd multiple games, cant call up Rathbone at all after all star season, and best seasons by multiple players and long periods of health and vezina goaltending and can't get close to playoffs or beat bad teams routinely.

Well alright then.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
man quinn had a game though

would have liked to see him get a shot in the SO

He actually played some impressive defense and that is huge work on developing some kind of shot a quick effective wrist or snap that hits net or gets deep into traffic i never pass a chance to call out his d tonight makes me say he has that in his game show that more just show that part more his team wins more .
Well plsyed game 43

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Well alright then.
Went like 30 and 15 or so since November be mad at green at Benning but they showed some balls big time need some pieces yes but give them a little credit for that push after bb came in.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

And a shootout loss.

It's not that bad. We made it to 5th in the Pacific. Only 7 or 8 points back from 3rd.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Not the right time or place for that.

Things tend to not go the way you think going into the next season, but there is lots to feel good about... going into next season.

Garlands last 20 games were elite level, and that's no exaggeration. He went a point a game at even strength in his last 20, which is something even Connor McDavid didn't do (over 80 games). Garland is finely feeling comfortable and should carry over next season. Pettersson is obviously back and looking like 100 point material. Podkolzin is establishing himself, And the team itself played at a high level for most of this season, and is a better team than teams that are in the play-offs. You can realistically feel optimistic about next year. My expectations will be high.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Not the right time or place for that.

Things tend to not go the way you think going into the next season, but there is lots to feel good about... going into next season.

Garlands last 20 games were elite level, and that's no exaggeration. He went a point a game at even strength in his last 20, which is something even Connor McDavid didn't do (over 80 games). Garland is finely feeling comfortable and should carry over next season. Pettersson is obviously back and looking like 100 point material. Podkolzin is establishing himself, And the team itself played at a high level for most of this season, and is a better team than teams that are in the play-offs. You can realistically feel optimistic about next year. My expectations will be high.

You realize you say this every season. You pull this blind optimism out of nowhere but every year it’s the same shit.

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory

And a shootout loss.

What a bizarre, unhinged rant

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Disappointing ending to the season.

Really hope we hang on to Garland. What a play driver he became. Garrett was saying 48 of his 52 points came at even strength? Keep that shit.

Hughes with just an incredible season. Can’t wait to see what he does next.

Hats off to Martin on another strong game. What a great story he is, and a well deserved opportunity for him as the backup.

But first, best of luck to him, Petan, Dries and - if they send him - Podkolzin in Abbotsford. Hope they’re set for a great run.

This off-season is shaping up to be interesting.

Thanks to all who partook in the GDTs this year. Be good to each other.

Godkolzin

Oct 19, 2021
Interesting season, I wasn't as engaged as normal... Mostly due to working in camp but also expected less than this outcome. Got some good peices, super excited about Garland, poddy boy, Petey proving me wrong, Miller showing up as elite talent and leadership, Hughes taking another big step, Demko is a top 10, closer to 5 in the league...

And best of all, no Benning or Green.

New management has their work cut out for them... I hope I don't have to say goodbye to too many favourites, but the defence is a mess. I mean its bad.

Anyways, let the speculation and rumors begin!

GO CANUCKS GO

Reactions: Indiana

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

And a shootout loss.

Get a hobby lmao

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'm glad Miller didn't get 100 points. I don't like him and he didn't deserve it. I also hope he's not on the team next year. Not that I'll be watching, peace
Im glad he didn't either, they didnt deserve it as a whole.
That effort was pathetic, and you could see JT thought so too. Constantly trying to get the puck and not getting it, dumb icings, bad passes, and he'd just skate right off. Short shifts having to drag around chiasson instead of boeser or EP.
Should've been real energy and drive from the whole line buzzing to get him one point in 40 mins.
He looked unimpressed.
As was I.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
He’s only signed until the end of 2027.

By the time that anchor is off the books , Horvat will be entering his 14th season and 32 years old. Likely close to retirement. Think about that.

This core, is not it.
It'll be fine.

Fuggedaboutit

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Im glad he didn't either, they didnt deserve it as a whole.
That effort was pathetic, and you could see JT thought so too. Constantly trying to get the puck and not getting it, dumb icings, bad passes, and he'd just skate right off. Short shifts having to drag around chiasson instead of boeser or EP.
Should've been real energy and drive from the whole line buzzing to get him one point in 40 mins.
He looked unimpressed.
As was I.
This must be your first last game of the season out of the playoffs game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00