Speculation: Oilers Close to Signing College D Kenny Morrison

Chooch

Nov 4, 2006
Edmonton
What's up with all of these college kids we're signing? We must be planning to move that first rounder.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
What's up with all of these college kids we're signing? We must be planning to move that first rounder.

Yeah I'm a bit confused by it too. Two college signings just because? Or is there a big trade in the works? Probably the former.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Yeah I'm a bit confused by it too. Two college signings just because? Or is there a big trade in the works? Probably the former.

I think this off season we will see some house cleaning ofm prospects who are not developing like the oilers want and some players off of out current nhl roster will be let go

current rostered player who I think will either not be offered a contract or will be moved for next to nothing

D
Peckham
Fistric (there is an outside chance he could get a new contract if it is for 1mill or less)
whitney
Potter will be waiver wire material
F
Smithson
Pettreel (I love this guy but I think the oilers will be looking for an upgrade)
Jones (he is a 3rd/4th liner who brings little in the way of grity
Smyth- Oiler may take the hit on either buying him out or trading him to Calgary
Hemsky-- for me, it confuses me why people toss Horcoff under the bus while giving Hemsky a free pass more or less
Belanger just has never fir in with the oilers
Eager--Bought out--there has been more and more hints in the media he may not be the best teammate in the world

wild card is how much money Gagner wants-- if he is asking for the 5million range I think he will be moved and MPS could be dangled--but he has shown signs of being more then he has in the past

I think we will see Lander and Hartikeinen will be looked upon to step it up

On the farm
Horduchcuk seems done
Teubert maybe allowed to walk
Archebello
Plante days are numbered
I would not be shocked to Camren Abney kicked to the street this off season
there are a few others on the farm I think the oilers will cut ties with-- right now-- drafting outside of the first round for the past 5 years is looking less and less good as some have been saying

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

This isn't uncommon we signed House, Tremblay, Fedun, Arcobello, the same way and I'm sure there were a bunch of guys that OKC/Stockton signed as well.

It's just another way to add prospects to your club.

Obiwan Eberle

Apr 11, 2013
Your momma's house
Being that he's just a freshman, this may just be the Oil getting in a players mind...ideally, he goes back to school. Makes another leap in development and signs after next season.

"hey Kenny! see Corey Potter over there? Well don't worry, his contract ends next year" *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
So MacT is going to be on afterhours on saturday
So if he is in russia he'll be back in the next couple days
So if this guy has not signed by the weekend, i don't think he will be signing here
So yeah

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010

The reason they're doing this is because Howson scouted a lot of NCAA this year after he was out of a job in CBJ. This is a Howson impetus and these signings fall under his influence. Is this a good idea? Well they don't cost an assets to acquire so I guess you could say they're low-risk, but time will tell if the most important aspect - the evaluation of the player - was accurate or not.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The reason they're doing this is because Howson scouted a lot of NCAA this year after he was out of a job in CBJ. This is a Howson impetus and these signings fall under his influence. Is this a good idea? Well they don't cost an assets to acquire so I guess you could say they're low-risk, but time will tell if the most important aspect - the evaluation of the player - was accurate or not.

Howson is the only guy in management that I actually respect in terms of decision making.

Sloth Slothersons*

I'm guessing he was all but signed but then they decided to take him to an Oilers game and sign the contract there. It all went to hell once the Oilers took to the ice.

Rawg

Its Rog
Jun 20, 2010
Edmonton
No doubt, thank God that we drafted Hall instead of Seguin though so that at least makes up some of the goals that Justin gives up. As a matter of fact Hall has 14 more points than Seguin does and Schultz is a -19, so that alone made up for all but 5 of Justin's GA!

Halls a third liner, we dont need anymore of those :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad