GDT: Oilers @ Blues - 10/8/15 - The Legend's First NHL Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Since our board is too busy jumping off bridges to discuss it, I just want to say I am always impressed by how damn good Shattenkirk is. Doesn't get nearly enough credit.

Any chance you guys will trade him? No? Well okay then. :(

It will cost you ALOT. Even then...not really lol.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
:laugh:

I know about it. Just don't ask me to text you about it on my cell phone.

att-breeze-iii-cell-phone-1.jpg

Get real, don't you mean

tumblr_lgfcidcKLE1qh3qkyo1_1280.jpg

The Zach Morris special.

WiscoBlues

Feb 1, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Since our board is too busy jumping off bridges to discuss it, I just want to say I am always impressed by how damn good Shattenkirk is. Doesn't get nearly enough credit.

Any chance you guys will trade him? No? Well okay then. :(

we'll give you him for McDavid :)

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Brouwer and Fabbri are going to be key pieces this year. Brouwer's big body in front of the net and Fabbri's speed, skill and tanacity.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Some thoughts from the upper bowl:

Good overall effort, only had 2 or 3 times all game where they got hemmed in.

Fabbri's goal was nice, the Lehtera pass was sick, but I was more impressed by his off-the-puck- play, hustling on the forecheck and backcheck, getting his stick in the way, that kind of thing.

Gunnarson looked pretty solid for most of the game, particularly in the first 2 periods.

I thought Steve Ott of all people had a really effective game for what his role is.

Brouwer was OK. It was nice that he scored the goal at the end but he didn't really do anything else that noteworthy other than a good blocked shot. Kind of disheartened to see him getting PP time while Fabbri sits on the bench.

Reaves absolutely crushed some guy near the blueline in the 2nd period

Pietrangelo was a monster

Elliott was pretty good.

Steen did a good job of leading the charge in the offensive zone, but it seemed like he was having some tunnel vision in terms of always looking for Tarasenko. He's can't be afraid to make the play himself. He did have a very nice redirection for a goal though.

Good to see Edmundson jump in there for the scrap too.

oh and McDavid is just a little bit fast

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Fabbri is only going to get better. I've noticed he didn't look too solid on his skates at time (180° opposite of his skating). He also looked kinda weak on his stick at first...as the game went on, he got much better with his board work.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Fun first game. Blues did look a little more reckless. Spent a lot more effort trying to hold the puck in the offensive zone, looked like they were playing down a goal trying to hold the zone and score. Defense holding the line in the offensive zone, might give up more chances going the other way, but then if we keep it in the other team's end then it is hard for them to break out and score.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
He started of pretty good but got quiet after the first period. But he got the game winning goal and that's what he is here for.

Agree with Brouwer. He was a beast, especially early in the game. I can already say that he will be more useful than Oshie.
It's cute guys are opinion on Fabbs with 10 min of ice time.

He was great. Battled hard, is quick...and hten potted one.

I just gind it hilarious guys are opining in the 1st period on this guy with a 3 min of ice time.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Gunnarsson was solid position ally but man did it ever look like he was laboring with his skating. I know he's not the most fleet of foot, but he looked particularly slow tonight.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
"McDavid will easily skate around all of the defenders that aren't petro and score on the bad goaltending"

Heh

the blues already have enough highlight reel goals scored against them that they always show. glad we avoided another

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
Late to the thread (way late) so glad for the win.
NHL network talks about McDavid blah blah. So glad we didn't let him score heh heh.
I thought the title of the thread was referring to Fabbri ha ha :)
Still doesn't seem like hockey is actually really back. Last season seems a lifetime ago.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Late to the thread (way late) so glad for the win.
NHL network talks about McDavid blah blah. So glad we didn't let him score heh heh.
I thought the title of the thread was referring to Fabbri ha ha :)
Still doesn't seem like hockey is actually really back. Last season seems a lifetime ago.

It was referring to Parayko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad