Pre-Game Talk: Oilers at Canucks. Oct. 11th. Who do you start in net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I'm sorry to tell you this, but you have to be under contract and in training camp to have a chance at this.

Sorry to break it this way. ;)
….. and when the hell did this policy come into effect?

What about that Zamboni driver for Carolina a few years back??

That is fuking bullshit. I think we should protest
I know that you have put your time in
You have said your prayers, took your vitamins, and trained hard.
Not much more u can do. Fuk them.
I'm still waiting for my call for 5th line Center duties. I'm willing to throw down some knuckles if I have to. I can only go for about 15-20 seconds nowadays so I better get the first 10 in
Thank you!!!!!!
@Jimmi McJenkins is shitting all over my parade :( :(

• Haha
Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Just found it funny you tried sniping someone and didn't know what first off the ice meant
Yeah my bad on that ahahah I just edited it. The snip was for an article I wrote.

I do know what that means but it was odd how Skinner was also in the starters net. Usually the one off the ice first is in the starters net no?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
What a weird time of the year to have a f***ing goalie controversy. And a weird controversy at that. 2 guys that are posting up to play lights out like we expect them to (and haven’t had the luxury of for years, nay, decades) and people are bitching that it should be one over the other.

“How could they not start Campbell/Skinner (insert one here), Tut, Tut,“ followed by palpable disgust.

Only in Oil Country.

I have an idea, let’s watch 3 periods and then have the controversy start so that the TODYASOs can start in earnest.

Either way, the GDT will be epic.

Reactions: LTIR

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Skinner looked better than in the Playoffs. Campbell crapped over 40 games and played great in 3-4 games. Sorry but you can't just tell your starting goalie from last season, who helped turn the season around, to not play and be the backup. What kind of message does that send to the player? The guy was #2 for the Calder Trophy and was an All Star.

You guys have already given up on him after the playoffs.

We have 2 starting goalies this year. They're in competition a game at a time. Wouldn't you rather have that then a goalie you ride for a majority of the regular season games and then find out, during playoff time, that he's worn down (kind of like how Skinner was last season)?

Plus we don't know who's starting now

Campbell wasn't even in the starters net. Skinner was. Campbell was off the ice first. So your post makes no sense
Skinner didn't look better than Campbell in playoffs and the message that is sent is that we didn't spend 5Mx5yrs on a backup goalie

Skinner knows what he is and if he is offended that he isn't starting in game one than we have bigger issues on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad