Pre-Game Talk: Oilers at Canucks. Oct. 11th. Who do you start in net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
I went to the canucks/flames game tonight cus my work gave me tickets. Showed up with 5 minutes left in the first and left before the third because I caught myself accidentally clapping after a canucks goal. Had to get out before the infection fully set in.

Also their 50/50 is pathetic. The draw wasn't even tonight and they are bundling a couple of preseason jackpots with the home open ler jackpot to be drawn as a super jackpot worth... 750,000. Lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: Sanchez

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I went to the canucks/flames game tonight cus my work gave me tickets. Showed up with 5 minutes left in the first and left before the third because I caught myself accidentally clapping after a canucks goal. Had to get out before the infection fully set in.

Also their 50/50 is pathetic. The draw wasn't even tonight and they are bundling a couple of preseason jackpots with the home open ler jackpot to be drawn as a super jackpot worth... 750,000. Lmao.
That's a lot of money

Reactions: GreeningOil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think you start Soup.
Its so important for him to wash away last season and Woody has an opportunity to give him a major vote of confidence right from the get go.
Start Skinner in game 2 or 3.
Agreed, he clearly has worked hard this offseason and seems ready to put last season behind him. Give him game 1 to do just that.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Jack Campbell is my starter

On Ekholm, if he is not good for the opener, he should take his time. We can outscore our defensive woes for a few games. Give the fans a show

Reactions: stewy04

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Campbell the starter but the aim is a solid tandem pairing that shares the workload.

I'm curious of the state of Kulak and Ekholm. I'd guess if either are missing we see Gleason again. If they are back then Gleason is gone

Reactions: InTheBox

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Campbell.

Good for his confidence which can be fragile as we know, and the fact that he’s truly earned it. It also keeps him away from the pressure cooker of the home opener as well, let Skinner have that one. He too has earned that start with his Calder like season. After that go with whoever had the better first game and find out who wants the net as the 1A.

What a great f***ing problem to have!

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Soup for me.
Yup. Pretty obvious it's Campbell. I stand by the fact that if EDM can get even just average goaltending especially come playoff time they will be in a good position to make the finals. They took Vegas to 6 games with Skinner having the worst numbers out of any starter in the playoffs last season. Even average should be enough. But I guess we will see. There's always so many factors and it's not usually just one.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Campbell is a no brainer and this is coming from one of Skinner's biggest fans and a guy who firmly believes that Skinner is THE guy for the Oilers long term even though some of you have oddly given up on him.

I didn't see the game last night but it looks like it was another great performance from Campbell. He's a goalie that runs hot and cold moreso than most goalies because it's 100% mental with him, when he's going good it's REALLY good and when he's bad he's REALLY bad, so you ride the hell out of that "good" wave until he starts crashing down starting with Game 1.

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Sure, go with Campbell. He should have a short leash though.
Chill the f*** out Keith. The season is about to start, the team is very good and the preseason featured tons of positives.

If some of you just assume it's hopeless, honestly start start a hopeless GDT each night, you can talk to eachother about how bad things are and how pathetic everything is, while we as fans watch them win the vast majority of their games

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Chill the f*** out Keith. The season is about to start, the team is very good and the preseason featured tons of positives.

If some of you just assume it's hopeless, honestly start start a hopeless GDT each night, you can talk to eachother about how bad things are and how pathetic everything is, while we as fans watch them win the vast majority of their games
What? Where did I indicate that? I don’t want the team to fall into the same trap as last year when we fell behind in the standings because Woodcroft insisted on getting Campbell going when he never did.

I glean nothing from preseason, because I certainly remember the MPS hat trick, the sweeps only to finish in last place, etc. the Cup aspirations depend on Campbell bouncing back and I certainly hope he does.

Reactions: Mack a doodle doo

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

I went to an NFL game in Miami, sold out stadium with another 100k people outside tailgating and they were selling the 50/50 outside the stadium. The final prize was 14,000. It’s actually kind of crazy how high 50/50 gets in Edmonton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad