Confirmed with Link: Oilers acquire C Kellan Lain from Vancouver for Will Acton

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Guess we're out of the McDavid contention. Playoffs here we come!

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Fresh on the heels of a Gordie Howe hat trick by the last minor league acquistion from the Canucks who had 12 games NHL experience, the Oilers go to the well again picking up a guy with 9 NHL games experience hoping for a Gordie Howe hatrick next November. Alls well.

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
I think is part of an inside joke by members of Canucks brass that take side bets on how a bad player on the Oilers will look good on the Canucks. Game is, take the worst player they can, trade for him and have him come back to haunt the Oilers. Insert maniacal laugh here.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
This guy will be Gazdic's replacement. Gazdic doesn't have enough skill to stay in the NHL.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
They're pretty much the exact same age and Lain is a much worse hockey player.

Comparing the AHL stats, they're pretty much the same, but Lain is a center and could probably play a bit penalty kill. Gazdic can barely play a shift 5 on 5 while also getting ridiculously sheltered.

I'd want neither of them on the Oilers, but Lain is the lesser evil of the two.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
To be fair, Lain has scored in every game he's played at Rexall in the NHL.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
This move is so strange because of its timing.

I would hope Eakins is at the very least close to losing his job and thus Acton as well. Once they are gone I am sure Will Acton will be gone from the organization as well.

Basically I think Keith Acton pulled some strings to get his son playing for another organization where he has more opportunity before the axe falls.

I actually never minded Acton overly much as a player but in this sensitive fan base and with the struggles of the team... Pure stupidity to bring Acton here. They never should have brought him in and once the negative backlash started they should have moved him out a long time ago.

Shows where the Oilers priorities are. Get jobs for people they know/family rather than based on merit, right to the bitter end.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
They're pretty much the exact same age and Lain is a much worse hockey player.

1387017516103.jpg

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Comparing the AHL stats, they're pretty much the same, but Lain is a center and could probably play a bit penalty kill. Gazdic can barely play a shift 5 on 5 while also getting ridiculously sheltered.

I'd want neither of them on the Oilers, but Lain is the lesser evil of the two.

You want one of the slowest skaters in the AHL to be on our PK just because he is a center.

Just no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad