Confirmed with Link: Oilers acquire C Kellan Lain from Vancouver for Will Acton

Board Gordon

Light Up The World
Jun 13, 2014
Well that will take the pressure off of management for another month or so. Nice work MacY.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
2dHNVgS.gif

And now fire daddy Keith.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
It doesn't mean much to the team, but I am really glad Acton is gone. I was very tired of him being callup number 1 because his dad is a coach and he played for the Marlies.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Lain is a decent bottom-six prospect. He owns a massive frame.

He was a sought-after UFA in college (I think the same year that guys like Sustr were signed) and he has played decently with the Canucks.

He got his first NHL fight in that line brawl against Calgary last year.

The acquisition of Shawn Matthias made him expendable, but he has some upside. Template of Brian Boyle, I guess.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

He was a sought-after UFA in college (I think the same year that guys like Sustr were signed) and he has played decently with the Canucks.

The acquisition of Shawn Matthias made him expendable, but he has some upside. Template of Brian Boyle, I guess.

Brian Boyle wouldn't be bad. But I wouldn't put my hopes up on this Lain guy. Oh well, no more Will Acton. :laugh:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

46490d1339817970-1985-lincoln-tc-$2000-kind-want-jpg

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It doesn't mean much to the team, but I am really glad Acton is gone. I was very tired of him being callup number 1 because his dad is a coach and he played for the Marlies.

Pretty much this. We could have gotten STalin and Lenin in return and i would be happy (i am in Russia right now and that is the best joke i can come up wiyh)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Could be a monstrous 4th line someday with Yakimov I guess.

6 foot 6, doesn't seem cripplingly slow either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad