We shall see. :D

EDIT: Oh for **** sakes. 2nd post in. :laugh:

dobiezeke*

Haven't read a single post yet.

I wonder if this has been done yet.

Bold Move

We shall see. :D

EDIT: Oh for **** sakes. 2nd post in. :laugh:

People complained when Acton was here...people complain that the Acton trade is irrelevant...people just like to complain.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
People complained when Acton was here...people complain that the Acton trade is irrelevant...people just like to complain.

Yeah. Hard not to complain at this point though.

I've been doing more than usual myself at times.

But it's good to try to keep it in check.

Fire Eakins!

:sarcasm:

dobiezeke*

Yeah. Hard not to complain at this point though.

I've been doing more than usual myself at times.

But it's good to try to keep it in check.

Fire Eakins!

:sarcasm:

Can't disagree with you on that one:laugh:. Problem is - who do you bring in that can do anything with the hot mess that are the Oilers?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Can't disagree with you on that one:laugh:. Problem is - who do you bring in that can do anything with the hot mess that are the Oilers?

mr-bean-waving-in-camera_246.jpg

Last edited:

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Everything I need to know about this player can be surmised from the fact that the Canucks would rather have Will Acton. :biglaugh:

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
On the bright side, I said they'd make a big trade before firing the coach, and this is a trade and Lain is big so....

mactforcoach

Nov 18, 2008
Drayton Valley Ab
Does this move in any way open up some space for perhaps a bigger trade. Do we gain a roster spot and or cap space with this?

In any event it's a good move for Will to get away from here and all the negative talk around him and his Dad. He never should have been brought here in the first place.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
At this point I find it bold as heck to be making tinkering/nothing trades when the team is in the state it is. Not sure if that's the kind of bold we need right now but... six rings I guess?

Like a boxer sticking to just the wrong distance from an opponent with much longer reach.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
I love it when a move like this gets people legitimately questioning if it's a precursor to a bigger move.

"We had a trade lined up for Getzlaf, but it fell through because we couldn't swing that AHL 4th liner for AHL 3rd liner deal...oh well, back to the drawing board"

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I love it when a move like this gets people legitimately questioning if it's a precursor to a bigger move.

"We had a trade lined up for Getzlaf, but it fell through because we couldn't swing that AHL 4th liner for AHL 3rd liner deal...oh well, back to the drawing board"
Yeah, it's hillarious. We heard the same things when Brown was traded last year. People foolishly assumed Mactavish had another center coming when he traded Gagner too. Mactavish was finally able to find a team to help him shuffle a part he wanted to move, that's it. It happened when it did because that's when it happened. There's no reason to think this deal was about anything more than getting Will Acton away from this organization because him being a coach's son had become a toxic environment for him. I don't think its a stretch to suggest that he asked to be traded.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Everything I need to know about this player can be surmised from the fact that the Canucks would rather have Will Acton. :biglaugh:

If you mean Canucks boarders, I wouldn't take their word as gospel.

I mean, go back to last season when Dale Weise was traded away from Vancouver to Montreal
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1597231

I like for Canucks if it opens a spot for Archiblad or Lain on 4th
Impartial, with the emergence off Archibald and Lain, Weise was an easy piece to give up. Hopefully he does well in Montreal. As for Diaz, I have no idea what I am expecting
Very happy with the deal especially if it means a spot for Lain or Archibald (would like to also dump Sestito at some point too)

Not that I'm expecting much of him, but fans turn on their players even quicker than Oiler fans.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
If you mean Canucks boarders, I wouldn't take their word as gospel.

I mean, go back to last season when Dale Weise was traded away from Vancouver to Montreal
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1597231

Not that I'm expecting much of him, but fans turn on their players even quicker than Oiler fans.

If you don't want to take our word for it, check out the Utica thread on our board. They're far more knowledgeable about Lain. Bad Goalie and UticaHockey are two of the most reputable posters for the Comets there, drop them a line.

Although seriously, a deal of nothing for nothing on both sides. Almost makes one wonder why it happened at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad