Post-Game Talk: Oilers 6, Maple Leafs 4

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I am really liking the current top 2 lines. Ideally you have someone better on the left side of McDavid but that's fine. Still need a solid third line center but that's an easier find than a top 6 winger.

Defense still scares the crap out of me

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Hey did you guys know McDavid is from Ontario? Did you know this is hometown game? He’s an Ontario kid. Did you know? Hey, he’s from Newmarket. Did you know that’s in Ontario?

Hey, Ontario. Did you know McDavid is from Ontario? He’s from Newmarket.

Ontario McDavid Newmarket Ontario McDavid Ontario McDavid Newmarket Ontario McDavid Ontario McDavid Newmarket Ontario McDavid Ontario McDavid Newmarket Ontario McDavid Toronto

Jesus Christ, our national sports media are ****ing embarrassing.

Connor McNewmarket

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
This. This was my first time seeing Yama since the callup. What a difference. We have a solid 2nd line. Let's see what Benson can do on that top line.

I'd keep the first two lines the same and have

Benson - Haas - Chiasson
Nygard - Sheahan - Archie

On the bottom 6

Reactions: Oilhawks

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Solid effort. Still some mistakes but we really played good in their end.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
It won't be talked about much but Neal was huge on the forecheck tonight and in general during the unbeaten streak. Dude is fully engaged and is an unsung hero in these last 4 games.

Good example of what a slow ass player can accomplish if they put in the effort. He's maybe slower than Lucic was for us last year but way more effective, even ignoring scoring.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Always feels good to beat the Leafs.

Team showed up and played well. Smith made the saves when he needed to. Got a couple goals from the D and the big boys made a difference. Good game to watch.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Great game by Drai, McD, Larsson.

But seriously, could RNH be any weaker on the first unit PP. single handedly lost the puck on the boards six times tonight. Just brutal on the PP. Finally on the last one he wasn't on it.

Amazing win, and I liked RNH EV play on the line, but he needs to be off the first PP.

Oilers all dialed into a physical game.

Klefbom I felt let the leafs get momentum in 2nd period. its 4-1 Oilers late and Klef for some reason pinches. Jebus H Christ, what an idiot. Leafs of course score, then score again and it takes a heroic effort from McD and Drai to salvage the win. Kudos to drai and Nurse as well for being out the whole 2 man disadvantage. Drai had a lot of work tonight and was facing the Leafs topline nearly all night.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
schultz.gif
This Jultz gif always gets me.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Full-on erection after that game.

Best games McDavid and Draisaitl have had in a long time.

Smith was solid.

Back on the win train.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad