Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4 Sharks 3 - Hitch a ride to McDavid

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
McDavid and Drai fully engaged in the third. Good omens.

Hitch :thumbu:

space321

May 11, 2011
Ugly win, McDavid + Drai working their magic while the rest of the team stunk it up. Timely SHG by RNH and Brodziak though. Also Koskinen kept this team in there by bailing out the group of 5 in front of him over and over.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Nice to see the team win it for the new coach.
Wish Hitch luck even though I have doubts about him being the type of coach needed.
That OT goal was sick.
Everything happened so fast that it was pretty hard to follow. I think that was tic tac tic tac toe.

Reactions: Aerrol and tinfish

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Yes7.gif

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Well nice to see a win with Hitch in town already, I feel like Drai and Cagg's were either told or know that their top line minutes aren't guaranteed and they're going to have to prove they belong there, which they did tonight.

Also, seems Marody will have a short stint in Edmonton with Hitch in town, under 5 minutes tonight and under 10 for Rattie as well. Hopefully if we call up some of our young guys they don't get similar treatment.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
McDavid and Draisaitl's understanding and ability to read 3 0n 3 is beyond unfair. That decision by McDavid to allow the puck to clear the zone and let Draisaitl regain the zone while he opened up ice and speed to attack the net is the sort of read I just don't see other teams using.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The forecheck looked better. For the most part the rest (good or bad) was about the same as you would probably expect given the situation. McDavid line doing McDavid stuff.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Top pair kinda struggled out there tonight. Couldn't make any breakout passes, instead constantly shooting it out off the boards, and got beat a couple times. 3rd pairing also pretty bad.

Anyway, glad we got the first win right off the bat for the Hitch.

McDavid is so good, he totally went for that bank-in OT winner. Who needs luck when you're pure skill. ;)

Reactions: Oilhawks

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Best game I’ve seen by Gravel so far. 4th line looked good with Lucic on it. Tough start for Koskinen but battled after the first two goals to earn the win. Spooner didn’t look like complete shit. First line, first lining. Overall, pretty positive result on an emotional day for the team.

In game coaching was improved getting occasional matchup advantages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad