Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4 Sharks 3 - Hitch a ride to McDavid

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Another great interview with Hitch today. I love that he has definitive, thoughtful answers on nearly every subject in regards to this team. He could be making it all up on the spot for all I know, but it's very comforting. I think it's human nature to find comfort in that. I hope and have some belief that the players will feel that way too.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I just watched the game and counted five missed calls that were egregious; props to the Oilers for beating both the Sharks and refs.
Was just thinking about this today, did the oilers really get only 10 seconds of PP? Don't think I missed a penalty.

There is game management except when this team is down.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Whoever said that Hitch didn't have an effect on this game yet - I think his mere presence gave them some wind to come back. They would have folded like a lawn chair in the wind after the second if Tmac was behind the bench.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Hitchcock is truly one of the greatest (regardless of what happens from here on out). The man is 66 and has the third most wins in the NHL and still knows he has things to learn and ways to grow as a professional and a human being. I got the vibe from McLellan that he felt he had learned everything there was to know about coaching.
My mentor taught me many years ago that “if you’re not getting better you’re getting worse”.

Hitch clearly subscribes to that theory.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
The Oilers are about to get more structured defensively and, hopefully, more consistent and intense with their forecheck. Given the heavy and checking nature of much of the current roster, this coaching change makes a bit of sense. Thankfully, it looks like Hitchcock is prepared to give ample icetime to McDavid (and Draisaitl?) and will try and not have the speed and rushing game of the current team be sacrificed. McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Brodziak, Caggiula, and Koskinen looked good to me in this game.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->