Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4 Habs 3 McDavid is the hero we need. Drai not bad either

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
How has Bruce Boudreau not been fired yet?:amazed:

Anaheim shouldn't be below us in the standings.

I don't think it's necessarily his fault. It's hard to picture that team this far into the season and Getzlaf/Perry have yet to score a goal between them.

Horcoff has more goals than most of their forwards.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
The Oilers really impressed me last night. I think they could have a season similar as the Islanders had last year and I hope so we need more canadian teams in the playoffs :)

I wish Bouliot played like he did last night when he was with us :rant:

Montreal 9-0 vs the east and 0-2 vs the west.

You mean 0-2 vs west canadian team one of those 9 wins was against the Blues

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
The Oilers really impressed me last night. I think they could have a season similar as the Islanders had last year and I hope so we need more canadian teams in the playoffs :)

Strange times we live in :laugh:

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

I stopped watching after the first of that game where the Blues dominated them, hemmed them in the entire period and put up close to 20 shots. Habs couldn't even get out of their own zone.

Habs are just brutal against the West in general. Nothing has changed.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
oilers came back--under Eakins this would not have happened

I'm not really buying this. They've always had comeback games and said things about having a "character" and "buying in" and the "system is working" type crap.

This whole "don't fold your hand" stuff ....I mean maybe they're a little more cohesive a s team this year but I think they're right in the middle of the test to see if they're indeed "more resilient" / they need another three game win streak to get to 500.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
The Ducks will of course. The Flames and Avs probably will but it's not a sure thing. None of Calgary's goaltenders can stop a beach ball right now, not to mention they've had a far softer schedule than we have.

Flames are going to pass us in the standings eh? They just lost 6-2 to the team the Oilers beat last night. But yeah, if somehow they magically get better, sure why not.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Want to see the Panzer crush the Flames tomorrow. Bennet-schmennet

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I'm sure some "fat dude" could make a play like this, right?

PillarCatch041015.gif

Dude runs like a fat person too small pants on. What the **** kind of sport requires you to wear stupid ass pants like that which probably even restrict your mobility?

Oh, baseball, where you might run 20yds for a hit like that once/week and the rest of the time mozy on over to pop flies. When you aren't falling asleep from lack of action. Oh, and pinch base runners for the really fat ********. Only joke sports like Golf keep this from being even more lampooned.

Next, what kind of sport requires the degree of physical exertion that you can play doubleheaders?

Darts?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Dude runs like a fat person too small pants on. What the **** kind of sport requires you to wear stupid ass pants like that which probably even restrict your mobility?

Oh, baseball, where you might run 20yds for a hit like that once/week and the rest of the time mozy on over to pop flies. When you aren't falling asleep from lack of action. Oh, and pinch base runners for the really fat ********. Only joke sports like Golf keep this from being even more lampooned.

Next, what kind of sport requires the degree of physical exertion that you can play doubleheaders?

Darts?

I take it you've never played shortstop? Not my favorite sport but not every player is a big out of shape guy.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'm a Montreal fan and I thought Hall was your best player.

I hope he can prove what he can do in the playoffs.That's like having Patrick Kane and not making the playoffs.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I looked back at the replay of the Davidson goal this goal. McDavid gets checked hard into the boards, falls toward the puck, jumps back up and makes a clean pass. Man he is good

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I take it you've never played shortstop? Not my favorite sport but not every player is a big out of shape guy.

meh. Played baseball as a kid and hated it. I need more movement than that. Baseball drove me nuts because I probably had adhd. All that standing around? Forget it. Most youth growing up were the same way. Play hockey, football, soccer, rarely baseball and only if school was making you play.

McDeathbyCheerios*

meh. Played baseball as a kid and hated it. I need more movement than that. Baseball drove me nuts because I probably had adhd. All that standing around? Forget it. Most youth growing up were the same way. Play hockey, football, soccer, rarely baseball and only if school was making you play.
When I played baseball in school I was constantly trying to steal bases just for something to do. It took a pitcher like 5 min once to throw a ball cause every time he turned around I would go for a steal. Guy tried to fight me after class because of it

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
When I played baseball in school I was constantly trying to steal bases just for something to do. It took a pitcher like 5 min once to throw a ball cause every time he turned around I would go for a steal. Guy tried to fight me after class because of it

lol Yeah, I understand. Anything to reduce the mind numbing boredom. The only excitement we had in baseball was some of the crazier kids trying to hit kids over the head with bats. Pure anarchy and some completely inappropriate use of bats resulted in very few attempts at baseball in our schools. People just figured bats were weapons.
The funniest thing is the same stupid school subsequently invested in "Field hockey" sticks. Now you're talking a club that packed a hefty two hander wallop. Complete mayhem. They only ever got those sticks out once. Never again. I think they must have had a bonfire with them later... I went to the wrong schools. :laugh:

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Baseball is a fantastic sport that none of you could play at any level at all. Don't be jealous of a bunch of fat dudes that are more athletic than you.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Baseball is a fantastic sport that none of you could play at any level at all. Don't be jealous of a bunch of fat dudes that are more athletic than you.
I know I can't play it at any level, I don't have the attention span for it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad