Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4, Blue Jackets 1

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That makes sense because I know people on here over value breakout passing and under value defensive acumen.

Persson's Achilles heel of not being able to skate backwards nor pivot is going to kill him because teams will start to scout out and exploit it soon. It's barely an issue right now but it's going to become a bigger thing over time, I'm calling this one now for a future atoadasoe.
Still a better choice than Russell on his off side or recent Larsson

Reactions: Porkleaker

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
One thing I did notice was on a play in the third where he had the puck and had the option of passing to McDavid just over the blue line, but turned back around instead. McDavid slapped his stick on the ice 2 or 3 times in frustration over not getting that pass
Yup. That was surprising to me. First time I’ve seen McDavid slap his stick like that.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
We'll look back at this game as being when Leon (officially) became part of the Selke trophy conversation. The hockey media was abuzz today with his performance during the 5-on-3 for 1:47....oh, and he potted 2 goals!

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Problem that I’m seeing with Benning is that he’s a RFA that’s currently making 1.9M and isn’t capable of playing any higher than 3rd pairing minutes. He’s about to be overpaid for what he brings.

Yup and if we don't qualify him to sign him for cheaper I'm sure there's a team out there dumb enough to throw 3 x 2.5M at him.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Great team game, finally. Not sure why we need to get to desperation point to play with a 60 minute effort though.

The lines were good today and I'm hoping Tippett keeps them as-is for the next game.

Solid Defensive effort from the whole team tonight. Leading 4-1 going into the 3rd we controlled the play and out-shot CBJ. In the last 10 minutes of the 3rd I think CBJ was only able to get 1 or 2 weak shots on net vs the Oilers who were pushing hard for another goal. I love that we didn't relent at any point or give them much/any hope.

Persson back in really changes the look of the back end. My goodness what a difference. And we thought we were going to miss Larsson. Drai is just a beast. He'll likely end up with more pts than McDavid this year, and I'm good with that. Khiara with a goal and a hit. Huh. Keep him with Nuge for the time being. They seem to play well together.

The team needed this win to get out of the funk they were in. Hopefully they can build off this. 1 month into the season and we're sitting 4th overall in the league. As frustrating as some of the losses have been, I'm content as a fan so far.

Reactions: Oilhawks

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
At what point does Leon start to get Selke mentions? Im not saying he deserves (Maybe I am it now but if he continues to crush the league in both ends you have to think it happens at some point in his career

Since Washington has started the "Carlsson for Norris" campaigning already, there's no reason Oilers and fans can't start the "Drai for Selke" at this point. We have just as good reasoning to be promoting our boy as they do theirs. Need a good hashtag and then start littering it all over the place.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Since Washington has started the "Carlsson for Norris" campaigning already, there's no reason Oilers and fans can't start the "Drai for Selke" at this point. We have just as good reasoning to be promoting our boy as they do theirs. Need a good hashtag and then start littering it all over the place.
Once or if it’s posted, I’ll get on the propaganda machine.

:skull:

Reactions: Oilhawks

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Pretty crazy that at 28 years old Sheahan still hasn't figure out to not face the boards when a 220lbs man is comming at you... wtf was he thinking

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
We'll look back at this game as being when Leon (officially) became part of the Selke trophy conversation. The hockey media was abuzz today with his performance during the 5-on-3 for 1:47....oh, and he potted 2 goals!

It better! Guy is the best player on the Oilers this year, on BOTH ends of the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad