Oilers 4 Avalanche 3

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Just imagine what people say inside NHL hockey circles.

Must be the weather...right?

Lol, you mean LaForge. Yes yes, the empty seats could be blamed on the weather. Not like didn't fans watched the heritage back in 2003 in the damn freezing cold at commonwealth. :sarcasm: LaForge is such a clown.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I've come to terms with us not getting McDavid or Eichel. It's not likely at this point. If we happen to luck out, it'll be a wonderful surprise. It'll be easier on you guys if you adopt a similar outlook. :nod:

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Lol, you mean LaForge. Yes yes, the empty seats could be blamed on the weather. Not like didn't fans watched the heritage back in 2003 in the damn freezing cold at commonwealth. :sarcasm: LaForge is such a clown.

remember, this is the same guy that said the pajama jerseys were sexy

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Edmonton weather is never going to stop Edmontonians from watching hockey. LaForge knows it, but just like the rest of the organization, they think Oiler fans are stupid, and have some misguided contempt for the fans. Like that ****head Bob Stauffer going off about the fans booing, and that's why the team doesn't perform. **** right off.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Win the lottery is thebest hope else Hanfin or Strome to be a great player. I like Provorov better than Hanfin though.

Real_Estate-Agent

Sep 12, 2006
Edmonton
I lock him up for as long as I can as cheaply as I can this offseason.

If we could sign Lander on a 2 year contract averaging $1.25 million per season - I'd sign it in blood. Gives him financial security for life & keeps him as a RFA when the contract expires. If we have to pay more at that time, so be it...

Or a 4 year deal at $2 million per season - free agency when he turns 27. Either way, both sides win.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
If we could sign Lander on a 2 year contract averaging $1.25 million per season - I'd sign it in blood. Gives him financial security for life & keeps him as a RFA when the contract expires. If we have to pay more at that time, so be it...

Or a 4 year deal at $2 million per season - free agency when he turns 27. Either way, both sides win.

Or we could sign a boat anchor, and make it abundantly clear to Lander that we value said boat anchor over him. Then trade Lander for less than he's worth.

I'll just put this GM handbook back in MacT's desk now...

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Or we could sign a boat anchor, and make it abundantly clear to Lander that we value said boat anchor over him. Then trade Lander for less than he's worth.

I'll just put this GM handbook back in MacT's desk now...

whoa whoa whoa, we don't need Nikintin 2.0, take that hand book and burn it

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Edmonton weather is never going to stop Edmontonians from watching hockey. LaForge knows it, but just like the rest of the organization, they think Oiler fans are stupid, and have some misguided contempt for the fans. Like that ****head Bob Stauffer going off about the fans booing, and that's why the team doesn't perform. **** right off.

Stauffer doesn't get called Propaganda minister for nothing. :laugh:

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Nice to see Marty get his first. I'd like to see him get some PP time down the stretch, he had some good offensive numbers in junior so it'd be worth a shot IMO.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
As bad as Schultz was, so was Klefbom.. Neither one of these guys belongs on a top line playing over 20 minutes a night.

That's the Oilers way. Why cushion these guys with less minutes while bringing in Veterans?

Oh wait, they can't even scout and pick up good veterans. They usually end up being worse than the rookies.

Rinse and repeat. Ruining players since..too long to remember.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I've come to terms with us not getting McDavid or Eichel. It's not likely at this point. If we happen to luck out, it'll be a wonderful surprise. It'll be easier on you guys if you adopt a similar outlook. :nod:

Agreed. Eichel simply isn't happening. There a small chance we land McDavid, but it's not worth fantasizing about. Hopefully we land another quality young dman to go with Klefa, Nurse, and Marincin.

And speaking of Marincin, it's nice to see the Nelson effect working on him. He's been playing a lot more confidently lately, and undoubtedly better than Ference/Nikitin/Aulie/etc. And scoring his first goal should only improve that

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
I don't like Nikitin but he was decent tonight.

Schultz had an awful third.

Marincin was the worst dman on the ice tonight. Nice that he scored but he was shaky all night in his own end. Weak sauce all over the place. Didn't clear the crease and screened Scrivs on the one goal. The funny part is you could see scrivens giving him an earful before the faceoff for doing almost the exact same thing in the sequence before the stoppage....:laugh:...I'm not sure what he was doing when Duchene was skating around him. Looked like he was attempting some kind of high speed reach around :dunno:

The forward group was pretty decent for the most part.

I think as a whole they sat back too much after getting up by 3. Even with that they had 4 or 5 gimmes after that point but couldn't cash in. This game shouldn't have been close.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
True, but you can't fault the player just because the GM is a moron.

The Oilers problem on D isn't that Schultz and Klefbom suck. It's that the GM doesn't see that they aren't top pairing guys. Any team in the league that had those two guys would be ecstatic if they could play them behind a legit top pairing.

We don't need to trade Schultz or Klefbom. We need to add players that push them down the depth charts.

Exactly.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
as usual, the line of Hall, anybody, and anybody was the most effective line we had.

He and Lander might be able get something permanent going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad