Oilers 4 Avalanche 3

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
lol, my how things change around these forums. These forums are MacTesque in their flip flops.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this post. My view on Lander has been pretty consistent.

That aside...it shouldn't be illegal to change perspective with more information. Should it?

Are you suggesting that one MUST have a static opinion on everything regardless of any new information?

If so...thats just sad.

Lander has made a big leap in the level of his play this season. I wouldn't blame anybody for changing their view on this player from the start of the year.
It would be ridiculous not to.

Last edited:

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
NN should retire. I just cannot even explain how awful he is.

There are just no words.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Have to admit, I was pretty disappointed when the Oilers scored the go-ahead PP goal late in the game. Doesn't look like we'll be getting a top 2 pick. Hell maybe not even a top 3 with the way T.O is playing.

Kinda amusing about the puck being cut in half. Why do I get the feeling that if it was a higher profile player who got their first goal instead of Marincin, that puck would not have been cut in half.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
even Calgary and Toronto recorded recent games as non-sell outs

Katz still buying up the rest of the seats to keep that fraudulent streak alive?

Surprised the hell out of me that Calgary didn't sell out recently. Do the fans down there not know and appreciate that their team is coming down the home stretch in the middle of a playoff run?

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Just saw the last 15 mins. , man that was sloppy. We need a #1-2 dman something terrible. the last couple of minutes were like a fire drill. A top dman would be able to slow it down and control the pace.

The whole game was sloppy. They got the win after screwing up a 3-0 lead which was nice. But God, what an ugly game. Terrible giveaways galore leading to 10 bell chances over and over. They were lucky that Varlamov decided to stink tonight.

What a fire drill. 60 minutes worth.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Nah, he'd have a career in the AHL...

Also, really ****in lame to cut Marincin's puck in half cuz someone got a 2nd assist.

Meh... It was a primary assist and a nice play by Miller. I think it's important for him to get a souvenir from this game. I'm sure Marincin doesn't mind haha

Approved Variety

Nov 14, 2010
Have to admit, I was pretty disappointed when the Oilers scored the go-ahead PP goal late in the game. Doesn't look like we'll be getting a top 2 pick. Hell maybe not even a top 3 with the way T.O is playing.

Kinda amusing about the puck being cut in half. Why do I get the feeling that if it was a higher profile player who got their first goal instead of Marincin, that puck would not have been cut in half.

Oiler fans who see our bad team on the ice tend to forget how much worse Buffalo and Arizona are. They purchased those drafting spots via dumping players at the TDL. If we had wanted to beat them, we'd have needed to offload Klefbom, Eberle, Roy, Gordon/Hendo, etc. Six years ago, we might have done it, but now...not a chance.

Buffalo will be 30th, and are the only ones guaranteed McEichel...so if you're worried, imagine how Coyotes fans feel. They detonated their team, and may have to settle for Marner who won't be NHL ready for three years, instead of a guy who'd be their 1C next season.

We didn't dump our team, and still have an 11.5% chance at Mcdavid. Only 8.5% less of a chance than Buffalo.

The doom and gloom about getting points at this point is useless. We won't pass Toronto, we won't catch Arizona. Relax, and accept the cards we're dealt. Cheer for one of the bottom three to win the lottery.

Approved Variety

Nov 14, 2010
Hall has made a couple statements in response to Hirsch's bonehead running of the mouth.

To Rishaug:

"I showed a lot of character putting that one in." In regards to his goal.

Derek van Diest tweeted that 'Taylor Hall not impressed with broadcasters/pundits who've never spoken to him, or stepped foot in the dressing room calling his character into question.'

I really hope MacT says something in support of Hall to the media, or at least to Hall personally.

If Hirsch has no inside source, then he's a ****in idiot.

McDeathbyCheerios*

For all we know the puck was Marincins idea cause he is a team player?

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
People are bothered with them cutting Martys first goal puck in half? It's a fun little souvenir to show the grandkids in 30 years and the fact it's cut in half probably makes for a better story. "Yes grandpa, we know the guy with the other half was a Yale graduate, we've heard this a million times."

The quote will be in slovak I guess. Or chinese since China will likely rule the world by then.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
So now that we're done with the silly puck debate, how about that win? Love bringing Colorado back down to earth.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I think I would have taken that to someone who could slice a puck in half the other way.. then mounted on a frame?

Didn't they desecrate the Oilers logo by cutting the puck in half like that? I guess the logo is only sacred when they're complaining about fans throwing jerseys on the ice.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Hall has made a couple statements in response to Hirsch's bonehead running of the mouth.

To Rishaug:

"I showed a lot of character putting that one in." In regards to his goal.

Derek van Diest tweeted that 'Taylor Hall not impressed with broadcasters/pundits who've never spoken to him, or stepped foot in the dressing room calling his character into question.'

I really hope MacT says something in support of Hall to the media, or at least to Hall personally.

If Hirsch has no inside source, then he's a ****in idiot.

It would be nice if MacT didn't say anything at all. Nelson is the guy to speak, because it's not constant garbage spewing from his mouth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad