Confirmed with Link: Oiler sign Dominik Kahun 1-year/ 975k

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Haha but honestly I dont see Kahun as a lock to go with Drai. It will be tried of course, and maybe those in charge really want Nuge with McDavid. But a great thing about this move is that we have options. Kahun could be a great fit with McDavid. Honestly I think whatever works with McDavid will have priority over what happens to Draisaitls line
Holland after he signed Ennis mentioned how he liked him on Drai line. Kahun will easily beat him out for that spot.
Kahun wasnt brought in for bottom 6 since we have too many bodies already. I think McD calling dibs on Nuge and Kahun/Drai connection made this deal happen.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Holland after he signed Ennis mentioned how he liked him on Drai line. Kahun will easily beat him out for that spot.
Kahun wasnt brought in for bottom 6 since we have too many bodies already. I think McD calling dibs on Nuge and Kahun/Drai connection made this deal happen.
Signing Ennis also gave him leverage in negotiating with Kahun.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Like many others, I think Kahun made a lot of sense for the Oilers to sign. It's nice to have competition for the top-6 winger spots; players should be fighting for the opportunity to play with a superstar center, like McDavid and Draisaitl. We'll see if its true that someone like Kassian plays better when he knows he's being chased from behind from another winger that wants his spot.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Not sure he’ll easily beat him out for the spot. Their production last season was nearly identical.

Honestly though I’m not sure it really matters. The oilers had a hole in their top 9. Kahun helps fill that hole. Whether that is on a 3rd line or 2nd line or maybe even worst. Gives more options to find combos that work.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Like many others, I think Kahun made a lot of sense for the Oilers to sign. It's nice to have competition for the top-6 winger spots; players should be fighting for the opportunity to play with a superstar center, like McDavid and Draisaitl. We'll see if its true that someone like Kassian plays better when he knows he's being chased from behind from another winger that wants his spot.

How much of Kahun did you see when he played for the 'Hawks?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
We might see some high profile players get waived when it all plays out. We are almost all counting out Nygard for instance, since there are no spots. But Nygard might have something to say about that

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad