Confirmed with Link: Oiler sign Dominik Kahun 1-year/ 975k

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Are you guys rubbing your nuge effigies while you post on Kahun?

Are you staring at his poster on the ceiling while you replied to this? :)

Nuge will show what he is made of this playoffs. Him, Kahun, etc. Lets see what he can do. We are done like dinner if these guys do not provide support. Sample shows he won't.

Hope he does.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Are you staring at his poster on the ceiling while you replied to this? :)

Nuge will show what he is made of this playoffs. Him, Kahun, etc. Lets see what he can do. We are done like dinner if these guys do not provide support. Sample shows he won't.

Hope he does.
It’s on the wall above the tv.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
He's grown on me over the last while.

He's not a proper #2 on a line in the top 6, which is what he was asked to be with Drai and Yams; but with McDavid and Pulju, it looks like he understands his role: Move the puck quickly, and jump into the play only when needed.

I'm not sold he'll last all postseason there, but if McPizza and DRY can stay as seperate lines, this team will actually has some true scoring depth at 5v5 for the first time in ages.

Reactions: AM and ujju2

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
I've personally liked Kahun all year (outside of that one awful give away). Smart player who looked snake bitten and has started to put up some points in the back half. I hope having Drai on the team brings down his ask a bit.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Well it makes Holland’s job much easier if Nuge shits the bed in playoffs. I would say this is his make or break moment as an Oiler

Its a strange instance. Nuge popularity among fans is still very high. He's the teflon player in this lineup. Even in this thread in the poll this is kind of indicated. The majority of fans seeminly would pay over 6M, with term, for his continued services. How that reflects at box office or in say merchandise sales I don't know. But my take is that Nuge is more of a commodity for the org off the ice, in his appeal to fans, ticket buying fans, or even community work and efforts. Its clear he's a loved player here in Edmonton by many. So its very complex negotiation and not just involving what occurs on ice.

HOWEVER, the decision on Nuge will communicate a few things one way or the other. If for instance Nuge gets overpay here it seems an ode to optics and PR importance of keeping him here vs spending cap resource responsibly.
It may also communicate too much deference to players opinions on retention of the player. Its up to GM and org staff to evaluate respective players, not the non impartial colleagues.

Conversely if the demand is continuing to be 7M, and the org lets the player walk its clear that they have faith in using that $ to improve the club more efficiently. Or to even improve the club more specifically, at EV.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Its a strange instance. Nuge popularity among fans is still very high. He's the teflon player in this lineup. Even in this thread in the poll this is kind of indicated. The majority of fans seeminly would pay over 6M, with term, for his continued services. How that reflects at box office or in say merchandise sales I don't know. But my take is that Nuge is more of a commodity for the org off the ice, in his appeal to fans, ticket buying fans, or even community work and efforts. Its clear he's a loved player here in Edmonton by many. So its very complex negotiation and not just involving what occurs on ice.

HOWEVER, the decision on Nuge will communicate a few things one way or the other. If for instance Nuge gets overpay here it seems an ode to optics and PR importance of keeping him here vs spending cap resource responsibly.
It may also communicate too much deference to players opinions on retention of the player. Its up to GM and org staff to evaluate respective players, not the non impartial colleagues.

Conversely if the demand is continuing to be 7M, and the org lets the player walk its clear that they have faith in using that $ to improve the club more efficiently. Or to even improve the club more specifically, at EV.
Nuge is so popular that many here are obsessed with him discussing him in every single thread on this board.

Reactions: Nostradumbass

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Let’s face the facts, and people ain’t gonna like this, but if Nuge is looking for anything North of 5.5, 5 year, it’s bye bye on your horsey. Some very hard decisions coming up this summer and I have complete faith in Kenny Holland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->