Oiler Prospects at the '16 WJHC

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Going to be a bit annoying watching Barzal do well.

Guess we probably weren't going to pick him anyway if the pick wasn't traded.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Going to be a bit annoying watching Barzal do well.

Guess we probably weren't going to pick him anyway if the pick wasn't traded.

Most reports had us wanting Svechnikov or Eriksson Ek.

^correct and one of the TSN panel even mentioned that he had heard the Oilers were even considering taking goalie Ilya Samsonov before the pick was traded.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Not a lot of confidence around the net today. A lot of indecision and missed opportunities. They'll need to get recalibrated quickly.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Lagesson was awesome against USA. He will be a good defender in NHL quite soon imo.

He was good. A royal pain the butt! I loved seeing him mix it up with Matthews and others. I think he and Nurse would get along well. Both like to push buttons.

I have to disagree with the "quite soon" part. I think it would be wise to leave him in college for at least 2 more years. He definitely needs to work on skating.

I really liked what I saw though! He seems like a Chiarelli guy. I could see a lot of opponents hating to play against him and that's exactly what the Oilers need to keep picking up. I'm looking forward to watching him over the rest of the tourney.

oilz89*

Lagesson was awesome against USA. He will be a good defender in NHL quite soon imo.

Yeah loved his game but i don't just want to judge off the WJC. But in other news, Virtanen is a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE hockey player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad