Pre-Game Talk: Oil Humble / Royal Rumble: Sat, Jan 28

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I predict 5-1 Oilers.

Chicago has horrible team defence (yes, much worse than Edmonton's!) and is extremely porous. Since the Oilers should be motivated after the Columbus embarrassment, I expect they'll be taking it to Chicago pretty hard.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I’ll stick to these bad boys.

Not bad. A bit too much blue/orange for my taste, and the orange is a little off, but cool.

The white Oilers colors with the blue and orange accents has always screamed "this the Oilers" to me, it's so ingrained from the 80s.

s-l400.jpg

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I predict 5-1 Oilers.

Chicago has horrible team defence (yes, much worse than Edmonton's!) and is extremely porous. Since the Oilers should be motivated after the Columbus embarrassment, I expect they'll be taking it to Chicago pretty hard.
Maybe Campbell will get a shut out

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think Skinner has still been fine but I find he struggles to close games out. Is that just me thinking this?
Campbell and Skinner seem like opposites to me.

Skinner starts well but has tendency of letting in the game tieing or game winning goals.

Campbell tends to struggle to start games. But I don’t recall him letting in many back breaking tieing goals or game winning goals when the Oilers are up.

Would be interesting to see the stats. I don’t recall Campbell having many bad third periods. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: Oilhawks

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Lmao their coffee is horrrific on the guts too. I rarely drink it anymore
Tim Hortons is a joke. They are as “Canadian” as quesadillas. They have a sham headquarters in Toronto but the biggest owner is a Brazilian company 3G Capital) that is notorious for cost cutting. That’s why Tim’s quality is now on par with dishwater and sawdust. Their community involvement is a shadow of what it once was. Their franchise owners get to pay through the nose for garbage equipment and a crappy product. It’s a shame. Tim is rolling in his grave.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Tim Hortons is a joke. They are as “Canadian” as quesadillas. They have a sham headquarters in Toronto but the biggest owner is a Brazilian company 3G Capital) that is notorious for cost cutting. That’s why Tim’s quality is now on par with dishwater and sawdust. Their community involvement is a shadow of what it once was. Their franchise owners get to pay through the nose for garbage equipment and a crappy product. It’s a shame. Tim is rolling in his grave.
I don’t understand how they’re constantly busy. It’s such a shit product that prioritizes quick service over quality or accuracy.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton

Funny article. Kostin was highsticked by McDavid Friday and potentially needed stitches on his lip at the time of the interview, but said:

"I'm really proud to get high stick from the best player in the world."

Later the article mentions his role in the locker room and then:

"They hide from me in the locker room," Klim said. "I'm coming in the morning and I'm looking for them. They're hiding. They're like, 'Oh my god, this guy again?'"

Guess who the article is talking about there lol. There is a super fan in the locker room no doubt, if Kostin is traded we know who is responsible :sarcasm:

Last edited:

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Not bad. A bit too much blue/orange for my taste, and the orange is a little off, but cool.

The white Oilers colors with the blue and orange accents has always screamed "this the Oilers" to me, it's so ingrained from the 80s.

s-l400.jpg
Yes, the color palette is a bit off putting and definitely no consider good taste by today standard but it is what make those jersey great.

This is retro and beautiful

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Chicago will one day make the Oilers pay for that 8-4 drubbing 11 years ago (wtf?), and perhaps some tweener like Taylor Raddysh will score 9 points, but it is not this day.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
you had to go there? I hope your A & W‘ing it tonight to correct the karma.
Il getting an and W. I need to back this up lol

I do enjoy the quesadilla burger from Applebees however 😂

He’s 2nd in the league behind Erik Karlsson. It’s been bad.
Wow….

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Yes, the color palette is a bit off putting and definitely no consider good taste by today standard but it is what make those jersey great.

The color scheme was chosen thanks to a tentative sponsorship deal with Gulf Oil. Senior executives at Gulf nixxed the deal at the final approval stage. At that point the Oilers said meh. Good enough. The colour scheme stuck.

Logo.png

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2