Pre-Game Talk: Oil Humble / Royal Rumble: Sat, Jan 28

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Huge night tomorrow as The Oilers look to rebound after a humbling loss to the worst team on the league. Also, Tomorrow is Royal Rumble.

What are your predictions for the game and for The Rumble?

I think Oilers come out hard and win the must win game. I think Sami Zayn, Cody Rhodes, Seth Rollins and Solo are the final four in the men’s rumble, with Rhodes ultimately winning.

Roman retains with help from Sami Zayn as well.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
If they don't get goalied yet again we should be ok. These lower teams though are going to start upsetting teams more and more. They get to play loose now because they are already done. Just like the decade of darkness when we would do the same and then have lofty expectations going into the next year only to see them squashed again.

Reactions: Anemia and Oilhawks

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
If they don't get goalied yet again we should be ok. These lower teams though are going to start upsetting teams more and more. They get to play loose now because they are already done. Just like the decade of darkness when we would do the same and then have lofty expectations going into the next year only to see them squashed again.
We didn’t just get “goalied.” The team overall was a sloppy disjointed mess and way too many guys were taking long shifts and handing out giveaways like a Pez dispenser. I’ll be charitable and will blame the layoff but I think it’s undeserved arrogance.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
We didn’t just get “goalied.” The team overall was a sloppy disjointed mess and way too many guys were taking long shifts and handing out giveaways like a Pez dispenser. I’ll be charitable and will blame the layoff but I think it’s undeserved arrogance.
They had more than enough chances to win it even though the effort sucked.

Reactions: fresh meat

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Watched the third period last night and Chicago certainly didn’t look like a last place team.
I predict 5-3 Oilers, and that Mowzie remains dateless and lonely in 2023 due to being a fan of rassling.
Married with 3 kids and went to Wrestlemania with my wife on our 1st anniversary. She hates wrestling, but we have more than 1 TV and I mostly watch it on PVR when everyone is sleeping so I can forward through most of it. I can watch Raw in less than an hour most weeks.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Since the last game I'm hearing lots of complaints about the Oilers getting "goalied" so often and yet Oilers are 2nd in league scoring. Behind only Boston, and only 3 goals behind.

The Oilers have 30more goals than the average team.

Reactions: oljimmy

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
For the game, I predict a rebound, especially from McDavid and Draisaitl. They should be embarassed after last game, and they usually are very good when they are angry.

For the Rumble, they haven't announced a ton of the participants, but I could see it going one of three ways, all of which could be great.
1) Cody Rhodes wins. I actually don't think this one happens as its a bit too predictable with his return vignettes and everything.
2) Sami Zayn wins. I see Sami getting turned on by the Bloodline, but I don't see him getting the Rumble win. It might be the best storyline, but I still don't buy that they'll put Sami in a WM title match.
3) Surprise return wins it. This one feels like the direction they are wanting to go in, if the guy they want is willing to come in and do business. There is just so much pointing to it. Location - Hollywood. 2+ years of Roman Reigns claiming to be the "Tribal Chief" and "Head of the Table". I feel that this entire Bloodline angle was built to climax with a match against the only wrestling family member of Roman's that isn't in the Bloodline. It would be the biggest mainstream (positive) media they have had in years. If you smell what I'm cookin'.

This. Korpisalo kept Columbus in it, but we gave them too many chances, and blew too many of our own chances with stupid blind passes and too much selfish play.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Watched the third period last night and Chicago certainly didn’t look like a last place team.

Married with 3 kids and went to Wrestlemania with my wife on our 1st anniversary. She hates wrestling, but we have more than 1 TV and I mostly watch it on PVR when everyone is sleeping so I can forward through most of it. I can watch Raw in less than an hour most weeks.
I listened to Rick Rubin on Rogan and the guy is a massive wrestling fan. I found it really interesting.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
Saw this today hopefully not a pre cursor for Saturday
IMG_2079.jpg

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Like. You get it.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
For the game, I predict a rebound, especially from McDavid and Draisaitl. They should be embarassed after last game, and they usually are very good when they are angry.

For the Rumble, they haven't announced a ton of the participants, but I could see it going one of three ways, all of which could be great.
1) Cody Rhodes wins. I actually don't think this one happens as its a bit too predictable with his return vignettes and everything.
2) Sami Zayn wins. I see Sami getting turned on by the Bloodline, but I don't see him getting the Rumble win. It might be the best storyline, but I still don't buy that they'll put Sami in a WM title match.
3) Surprise return wins it. This one feels like the direction they are wanting to go in, if the guy they want is willing to come in and do business. There is just so much pointing to it. Location - Hollywood. 2+ years of Roman Reigns claiming to be the "Tribal Chief" and "Head of the Table". I feel that this entire Bloodline angle was built to climax with a match against the only wrestling family member of Roman's that isn't in the Bloodline. It would be the biggest mainstream (positive) media they have had in years. If you smell what I'm cookin'.
I think Sami gets his moment in Montreal for Elimination Chamber. Either a title match with Roman (losing) or winning the chamber to get to WM and winning. I think we see his loyalty peak at Rumble, then things go down hill from there. There is a few surprise entrants I could see winning it. Rock is the obvious choice, Logal Paul maybe? If Brock wins we riot.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I think Sami gets his moment in Montreal for Elimination Chamber. Either a title match with Roman (losing) or winning the chamber to get to WM and winning. I think we see his loyalty peak at Rumble, then things go down hill from there. There is a few surprise entrants I could see winning it. Rock is the obvious choice, Logal Paul maybe? If Brock wins we riot.
I agree, I think Logan Paul makes an appearance. He's made a few references to John Cena, who I also expect to be in the Rumble, and I think setting up Logan Paul vs John Cena at Mania makes a lot of sense so I doubt that he wins, but he should be there. I think the smart booking is either on Rock winning to set up him vs Roman for the "Head of the Table" title, or Cody with the predictable win.

I agree with your Sami scenarios mostly. I think he tries to stay loyal to Roman at Rumble, and helps him to retain the title, but I think he steps in after the match. Like, Roman chokes out Owens to win, but won't let go, so Sami pulls him off, and Roman uses that as a sign of disloyalty and that leads to them dumping Sami on SD, and the Montreal moment.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Nurse and Ceci also need to be split already.

Also Cody Rhodes and Rhea Ripley for the RR winner are my guesses.
I guess Ryan is hot, thatrs way he plays second line.

But those lines are, ... errr, what?
Go Holloway then, he got some trust.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce