Oil Change - Fixing the Mess That Lowe Made

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I'd love to see an episode of Oil Change for this season...see how the masters of spin doctoring spin this turd into a diamond

Can't do it anymore, it would be too hard to edit out Lowe in every shot in the front office being involved in day to day stuff.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Saw this posted on oilfans, thought I should share here:

Salim Valji ‏@salimvalji 28m28 minutes ago
Have it on good authority that Edmonton Oilers revoked media credentials of Rogers Sportsnet's Mark Spector for Dec 23 home game vs Phoenix

Salim Valji ‏@salimvalji 28m28 minutes ago
Call was apparently made directly from Edmonton Oilers owner Daryl Katz, who was not pleased with coverage of team.

Salim Valji ‏@salimvalji 26m26 minutes ago
Edmonton Oilers (and all pro sports teams I think) have done this before with local beat reporters. Team ultimately holds all power

Salim Valji ‏@salimvalji 25m25 minutes ago
Key difference is that Rogers holds #Oilers broadcast rights, which muddies journalist-subject relationship.

That's pretty messed up. Looks like Katz is digging in and doesn't care at all for fan opinion that Spector was finally making an effort to reflect. Pretty disgusting IMO.

Edit: Spector disputes the claim:

@SportsnetSpec
There is absolutely no truth to the rumour that my Oilers credentials were pulled. Complete fabrication. Plan to work Tuesday game.1/2

@SportsnetSpec
As a PHWA Member, NHL Club would have to go through proper channels to do so. Oilers have no reason to do so, and have not tried. 2/2

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
That's pretty messed up. Pretty disgusting IMO.

It is. Spector was just being a good journalist and doing his job. **** Katz. Condolences. Nothing worse than a crappy owner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad