OHL Trades 2017-18 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Just wondering. The Olympic team was scouting the WJC and said they might call some guys up. What happens if the player is traded.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Just wondering. The Olympic team was scouting the WJC and said they might call some guys up. What happens if the player is traded.

I am assuming you mean traded in the NHL. Apparently, if they are playing Major Junior, they are allowed to go. So trades should not matter.

If you meant from within the CHL, then nothing changes as far as their eligibility goes.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
What I am thinking is for instance if Kingston trades for Jones for the run and he is taken by the Olympic team. While I agree that he should go that would mean that Kingston would lose the player they wanted for at least 5 weeks and when he comes back he will be a very tired and worn out player.

Not what I am sure Kingston wanted in the trade.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
These future picks are getting a little ridiculous, no? How long before the OHL puts a limit on how far in the future a team can trade a pick?[/QUOTE WITH DAVID BRANCH RUNNING THE LEAGUE GOOD LUCK ON THAT ? I AGREE SOME OF THESE TRADES ARE REDICULOUS 2026 JUST BRUTALIZING THE NEXT GM? THERE SHOULD BE PARAMETERS IN PLACE?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Just do as others have proven easy. Bite the bullet and trade holdovers from the previous all-in season. Almost all of those lent out picks to be held in trust will be returned for players in one season. Take it one step further like Hamilton & Kitchener, don’t give the next draft’s picks.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I find it so strange that the OHL hides all of its trades in the “Media Notes” section of its website whereas the WHL blasts its trades as front page news on their’s.

As others have mentioned, one of the strategies invoked by the NCAA in luring players is that there are no trades. Well, sometimes trades are good for a player. If your playing time is drastically cut in the NCAA, what do you do? At least in the OHL there’s an option to trade a player for a better playing opportunity.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I find it so strange that the OHL hides all of its trades in the “Media Notes” section of its website whereas the WHL blasts its trades as front page news on their’s.

As others have mentioned, one of the strategies invoked by the NCAA in luring players is that there are no trades. Well, sometimes trades are good for a player. If your playing time is drastically cut in the NCAA, what do you do? At least in the OHL there’s an option to trade a player for a better playing opportunity.
If your playing time in NCAA is drastically reduced and you are a skilled player you opt out and come to the CHL.

plowman

Nov 24, 2014
My best guess would be something to do with the Nick King trade. He was traded for a conditional 15th rd pick in 2018. That pick is still listed as North Bays. Just a guess, but???

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad