OHL Trades 2015-16 Season Thread

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I agree that we should have won over Plymouth and Spott was the reason we didn't, but we were never getting past the second round. That was the year we didn't get Skinner and Morin back. Once that happened, based on what we were going to look like the following two years, Spott should have sold the OA's. By not selling the OAs, we didn't have the assets to load up the following year. A year where we got outbid by London for OHL playoff MVP Austin Watson. And the Knights got Watson pretty cheap! He was the reason we lost to London and had we beat London, it's us at the Memorial Cup that year. We were that good.

You make valid points about losing Skinner and Morin. Even still we did pick up D'Amigo. And all we had to do was win a mediocre west. I think we do agree that you have to eventually pick a season and commit to that season. When it's not your season sell last year players as assets.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
You make valid points about losing Skinner and Morin. Even still we did pick up D'Amigo. And all we had to do was win a mediocre west. I think we do agree that you have to eventually pick a season and commit to that season. When it's not your season sell last year players as assets.

We had no idea D'Amigo was coming until long after the deadline. The Leafs didn't send him here til late Jan early Feb. That was a bonus. But yes we agree to pick a season to go for it or sell. The problem under Spott's regime was he never sold to build up assets - Except for his first year when we were in total rebuild.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Loosepucks.com ‏@loosepucks 3m3 minutes ago
Sadowy & DiTomaso for Kaura, BAR 2nd '16, 2nd '19, 2nd '20, 2nd '21, BAR 3rd '17, BAR 3rd '18, KGN 4th '16, BAR 4th '18, BAR 5th '20.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Deadline passes in two hours, seems very quiet.. Is it because the price is way too high?

Seems like it, you either have to give you 1st round 99 player, a million draft picks or both.

I'll say there will be knee jerk small trades but nothing the size of Konecny + Sadowy.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
I feel like Barrie has overpaid a lot the last two deadlines. Guelph received Garcia, Smith and 4 picks for Harpur and Bauman last season, now this.

sfan

Jun 26, 2013
Ottawa
Pretty sure the only thing he knows is that he'll have a juice box and a snack after his next game.

He'll certainly know and care a lot more when he's watching the 2023 draft hoping, then hearing his name called. Only then will a future pick be connected to a kid today.

Until that moment any future pick is simply a currency for negotiating trades between now and the January deadline in the year of the pick.

sfan

Jun 26, 2013
Ottawa
OHLInsiders(.com) ‏@OHLinsiders 13m13 minutes ago
TRADE: Kitchener acquires rights to Rob Fabbri from Guelph in exchange for 3rd Rnd Pick ('20), Cond. 2nd (SAG, '18) & Cond. 2nd ('19). #OHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad