OHL Historical Boxscore Project

NorthStar

Dec 24, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
That could be helpful as I am trying to get some more info on the OHL via the old history for each team going back into the early 1900s for the OHA (Ontario Hockey Association) as I am trying to pierce together seasons by seasons for every OHL franchise in existance plus the defunct OHA-OHL teams....

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
That could be helpful as I am trying to get some more info on the OHL via the old history for each team going back into the early 1900s for the OHA (Ontario Hockey Association) as I am trying to pierce together seasons by seasons for every OHL franchise in existance plus the defunct OHA-OHL teams....

Hockeydb would give you some things standings and playoffs dating back around that time now game by game results maybe a bit more challenging to find but that would be a starting point to look through.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
That is really cool. I was looking at some of the 67's boxscores from the 95-96 and 96-97 seasons. I can't believe how few shots they gave up! At least from looking at quite a few games (against good teams) they'd often only give up 15-20 shots a game. I remember they were very strong defensively, but wow.

NorthStar

Dec 24, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Hockeydb would give you some things standings and playoffs dating back around that time now game by game results maybe a bit more challenging to find but that would be a starting point to look through.

Yes true but some of the OHA seasons are not even filled and some playoffs results not even posted completely at all as it can be difficult UNLESS I stumble onto a stats book filled with the OHA/OHL info I need very much all the way back to the early years of the OHA back then...

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Yes true but some of the OHA seasons are not even filled and some playoffs results not even posted completely at all as it can be difficult UNLESS I stumble onto a stats book filled with the OHA/OHL info I need very much all the way back to the early years of the OHA back then...

Yeah that maybe tricky to find going back that far to the OHA days. With limited teams back then. Some teams may have records that far back depending upon what time Oshawa Generals would be a team to maybe contact they may have someone there who runs the Oshawa Sports Hall of Fame that could help you or at least help with some form of records dating back that far.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Back in the '60's / 70's, the London Free Press used to post box scores as part of their game coverage. I'd suspect that they still might have a microfich record of their sport page coverages, and probably other local newspapers , as well. Since many papers have gone to a digital format, microfich is somewhat "old school" in terms of record retention, but public libraries are a resource that often has a collection of that type of information storage.

Just a suggestion, hope that it helps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad