Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
my partner is a Bruins fan

it's been a long season
My GF is a Dallas Cowboy fan. I think I take more pleasure in giving her shit when they lose & Jerry starts picking his nose than I do when the Giants actually win a game. If she starts giving me shit about the Giants, I'll just come back with "That's my quarterback!" & she shuts up.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Lua

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
40 points for all the kids, and mika putting up 40/50/90 is a great season.
Panarin is also 1 point from 90.
Miller also has the quietest 43 points on the team.

Got my meme for tomorrow’s . GDT. Lol.

Will post it after the Ducks game tonight.

Reactions: will1066

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Yep. Hoping for any particular team in the playoffs is generally a bad idea but particularly this year. It’s a jungle out there.
I was kinda shocked Vallie preferred to face the Canes in the 1st round over the Devils. Whatever happens happens, but you know the Canes will not give us time or space to do anything. And that's always a nail biting situation.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I was kinda shocked Vallie preferred to face the Canes in the 1st round over the Devils. Whatever happens happens, but you know the Canes will not give us time or space to do anything. And that's always a nail biting situation.
I'm on the fence with this, they are both such different styles of teams imo. Maybe its just me but i think Carolina and NJ are fairly even up front but Carolina has a better D imo, but maybe i haven't watched the devils enough.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I'll say im kinda in the same camp as vallie. The devils are a massive unknown. They could be the panthers. They could be av's.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
We must have the best 4th line in the league right now. All 3 of those guys can plug in to the top 6 if needed and actually would produce.

Also that was the most assertive I've seen Kane play yet. Maybe he's turning a corner. Would love it if he's simply saving his best for the playoffs.
That's what happens when you get to rest a nagging injury for a couple of games.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Tomorrow, I plan on taking a trip to the bathroom, I should be back for the playoffs though.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I'll say im kinda in the same camp as vallie. The devils are a massive unknown. They could be the panthers. They could be av's.

There's not much to fear from Carolina's energizer bunny overdrive game. The Devils on the other hand may well be kryptonite for the Rangers with their transition and puck movement game.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Well the one thing we do know,... the Devils are a fast team. But if we can manage the puck, we can neutralize their speed. It's hard to manage the puck against the Canes. We have to play that wait and see patient game vs the Canes and I hate that.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Well the one thing we do know,... the Devils are a fast team. But if we can manage the puck, we can neutralize their speed. It's hard to manage the puck against the Canes. We have to play that wait and see patient game vs the Canes and I hate that.
Im not sure how I read playing vs the canes. When we've owned them we just control the neutral zone cleanly, and push a faster pace of play. Watch early in the season, they owned the first period, and then we dominated.

The devils, its really going to depend on how tight the ref's call the game, and how much we can push them around. Theyre a smaller team without a ton of bite. They dont have any real experience in the playoffs and their goaltending is absolutely terrible.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Im not sure how I read playing vs the canes. When we've owned them we just control the neutral zone cleanly, and push a faster pace of play. Watch early in the season, they owned the first period, and then we dominated.

The devils, its really going to depend on how tight the ref's call the game, and how much we can push them around. Theyre a smaller team without a ton of bite. They dont have any real experience in the playoffs and their goaltending is absolutely terrible.
That's what scares me about the Canes. They go for stretches owning us, Dictating play, keeping us in our zone. If only they can keep it up for 60 minutes, we'd be in trouble.

Your right about the Devils being an unknown. But that could be in our favor. When was the last time they played a playoff game? We know the Canes are tough come playoffs. Devils just might fold.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
That's what scares me about the Canes. They go for stretches owning us, Dictating play, keeping us in our zone. If only they can keep it up for 60 minutes, we'd be in trouble.

Your right about the Devils being an unknown. But that could be in our favor. When was the last time they played a playoff game? We know the Canes are tough come playoffs. Devils just might fold.
The canes can't do that for an entire game tho. They dont have the talent for it top to bottom.
The devils played that system? The league would be screwed.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I like their chances against either Canes or NJ but prefer the Canes only because it’s an easier pill to swallow if the NYR do happen to lose. I’ll be equally happy if they beat either team but if they lose to NJ that annoying fan base will never let it go.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
The canes can't do that for an entire game tho. They dont have the talent for it top to bottom.
The devils played that system? The league would be screwed.
disagree.

I dont think the devils are sturdy enough to play that system all the time. Theyve got the personnel to be exactly what they are: a high skill high speed team that will trade chances.

Reactions: ohbaby

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Well it would still be earned, 12 teams would still miss. Having teams starting to tank well before the deadline has watered the league down and created an unequal balance to the schedule. If you play a team at the start of the year a couple times they might be hard games but if things go south and they start tanking in January then someone competing with you for standings gets to play them 2 times after they started tanking it's a totally different team they are playing. If the 23rd team is still trying to get into the 20th spot they'll be less likely to sell off at the deadline.
But what if it's the 25th or 26th that is tanking? We need to stop somewhere. Half the league in the playoffs is fine.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yeah. Would probably prefer facing an excellent offense than an elite defense. That’s fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad