Post-Game Talk: Oh well at least...

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Its like We are a camel. Pretty, Magestic... and then it ***** on your rug!! OMG why was he indoors?!

God Dangit!

Something like that :P

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
How is the team not affected by it? The money spent on a mediocre goalie is money better spent elsewhere. Rewarding loyalty was great in the pre-cap world, but in the cap world loyalty has to be subordinate to a commitment to win. Paying Howard top goaltender money, when he doesn't have the top goaltender gear, is not showing a commitment to win.

If you are going to get on Howard for what he is paid, don't use the actual number he is paid because that doesn't affect a team like the Red Wings due to how much Ilitch makes and the fact the Wings by themselves are a profitable franchise even at the cap.

That is my whole point.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
if you honestly believe the wings are on a tight budget, then yea salary matters

but i don't think the wings are, nor has there been any evidence that they ever have been since illitch has taken over. so the actual salary is irrelevant to me

I have seen a direct correlation between the salaries of the Tigers increasing and the quality of players being signed by the Red Wings decreasing. Without inside information I can't say there is a causative relationship, but the years the Wings had their highest salaries were also the years the Tigers were low budget bottom feeders.

Hunting Bow*

Howard doesn't get paid top goaltender money, not sure how many times this has to be said

And he's playing like bottom paid goalies!

You and many others pushed his numbers from earlier this year. He's heading toward bottom 20 in all GOALIE stats.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I have seen a direct correlation between the salaries of the Tigers increasing and the quality of players being signed by the Red Wings decreasing. Without inside information I can't say there is a causative relationship, but the years the Wings had their highest salaries were also the years the Tigers were low budget bottom feeders.

That's a huge correlation=causation fallacy you are pulling here.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Cole scored his first goal today

Cole wears #72

7-2=5

holy ****, i think you might be on to something

ancient-aliens.jpg

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013

Nevermind the fact that the wings have been pretty close to the cap for several seasons now. The quality of players being signed by the wings is directly related to the salary cap and the fact that Holland has struck out on big names. You basically said it yourself correlation =/= causation, and it's a pretty weak correlation as is.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Biggest joke of a post in this thread. :handclap:

Why is this a joke? He's just not steady enough defensively to be a true #1. A 1B, sure and if he were 24 making these mistakes he would be forgiven. He's 34, with 10 years of NHL hockey under his belt and he still isn't a defensive stalwart. Honestly, I would say that DD is close on his heels for best defender on the team.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Why is this a joke? He's just not steady enough defensively to be a true #1. A 1B, sure and if he were 24 making these mistakes he would be forgiven. He's 34, with 10 years of NHL hockey under his belt and he still isn't a defensive stalwart. Honestly, I would say that DD is close on his heels for best defender on the team.

We should Behead all the players.

Move GR up.. get them some new jersey's.

Zetterberg hasn't scored in 15 games... what a bum!

Trade for Hammond from Ott.. Make him our #1.

Pay everyone less than 1 mil. Then we can get FA's :P

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Hoping for a great comeback tomorrow, showing the Pens that they better not **** with us right now. Is that too optimistic? What do you guys expect? Couldn't stand another awful loss. Really.
I'm pissed after losses anyways. But can't remember the last time that my mood is ****ed like that.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
We should Behead all the players.

Move GR up.. get them some new jersey's.

Zetterberg hasn't scored in 15 games... what a bum!

Trade for Hammond from Ott.. Make him our #1.

Pay everyone less than 1 mil. Then we can get FA's :P

Behead all players except pookie.

Other than that I completely agree :sarcasm:

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Actually there isn't a fallacy, I say directly that it's a strong correlation, and then go on to say "I can't say there is a causative relationship", so you just built a strawman.

You are implying a connection by using Howard's actual salary as an issue.

If you don't believe there is a connection, then why focus on the salary in the first place?

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Hoping for a great comeback tomorrow, showing the Pens that they better not **** with us right now. Is that too optimistic? What do you guys expect? Couldn't stand another awful loss. Really.
I'm pissed after losses anyways. But can't remember the last time that my mood is ****ed like that.

They're playing another afternoon game, AND it's on NBC if I'm not mistaken. Plus the Pens might not have Crosby or Malkin in, and we might get helm back. All signs are pointing towards another stinker.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015

DDK is a #3-4 defenseman at best. He's never going to play top pair with his shoddy offensive abilities. If DDK is playing top pair in 2-3 years then you know Holland really ****** up. Kronwall plays with a bunch of scrubs, including the biggest scrub of them all in Ericsson. Up until this stretch, Detroit was top of the league in shot suppression and was in the top 10 for GA. That success can be attributed to Kronwall. And he does this all while playing with players who shouldn't even be holding his jock strap. He is an extremely consistent offensive producer as well. 49 in 79 last year. Probably going to hit around 45-50 this year. Averages over .5 ppg in over 600 games. He is 100% a number 1 dman, and he's in the top half of the league imo (around 14-15 or so).

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
DDK is a #3-4 defenseman at best. He's never going to play top pair with his shoddy offensive abilities. If DDK is playing top pair in 2-3 years then you know Holland really ****** up. Kronwall plays with a bunch of scrubs, including the biggest scrub of them all in Ericsson. Up until this stretch, Detroit was top of the league in shot suppression and was in the top 10 for GA. That success can be attributed to Kronwall. And he does this all while playing with players who shouldn't even be holding his jock strap. He is an extremely consistent offensive producer as well. 49 in 79 last year. Probably going to hit around 45-50 this year. Averages over .5 ppg in over 600 games. He is 100% a number 1 dman, and he's in the top half of the league imo (around 14-15 or so).

I agree :) (( 2-1 we win ))

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad