OT: Oh shit, oh dang, it's time for what are you listening to, mang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah, I just saw that. :( The Pretty Things were awesome.

Yeah S.F. Sorrow is a pretty important album, to me. I know they did get all the laurels that some of their contemporaries but if they JUST did that album they'd be legends, to me. But like you pointed out they were even more than just that.

Speaking of underrated and for something COMPLETELY different I was taking a deep dive back into some old hip hop today and I think I've come to the conclusion that Redman doesn't rank high enough in a lot of people's lists. And of course his MTV Cribs episode is the thing of legends.

If you guys don't know anything about Reggie Noble please be aware that this track is for sure NSFW.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Redman is like Buddah Monk in that they're both on killer tracks on other people's releases, but I never really listen to their own solo stuff.

Yeah that's definitely fair. Being close with Method and a lot of other hard hitters all those years in some ways didn't do him a ton of favors. He also never really messed around with beefs and all that other silly horseshit and generally just seemed to have fun. Maybe that caused people to take him less seriously. But his talent level is right there with the other greats, IMO.

Muddy Waters was a classic, for sure. Aside from a few collab tracks it's pretty much all him.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah that's definitely fair. Being close with Method and a lot of other hard hitters all those years in some ways didn't do him a ton of favors. He also never really messed around with beefs and all that other silly horseshit and generally just seemed to have fun. Maybe that caused people to take him less seriously. But his talent level is right there with the other greats, IMO.

Muddy Waters was a classic, for sure. Aside from a few collab tracks it's pretty much all him.

For real. I think Redman has definite talent (he's not one of the million Wu-Tang hangers on who suck), but I just totally blank on his own releases and throw on 36 Chambers or Cuban Linx or Liquid Swords or Return to the 36 Chambers or something else.

I gotta revisit Muddy Waters, the album, 'cause Muddy Waters the bluesman is always on the rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad