Speculation: Oh Radulov, Where Art Thou...GH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
What a weird way of phrasing it. Fearing an offer sheet for BArrie? Doesn't make much sense to me. Few teams would probably be willing to do that considering he'll demand 6+ more than likely which is a ton of compensation.

I also remember Sakic saying we wouldn't do anything at the trade deadline... then we brought in Bodeker.

We're not out of this yet. I'm not holding my breath anymore though.

When you really think about it, when it comes to matters of what the Avs are going to do, Sakic's lied to the media more than he's been truthful.

"Well, we're not going to hire a coach with no experience..."

:laugh:

We didn't see any of the Beauchemin signing coming last year, nothing that would even come close to an indication they were going to trade for Soderberg's rights or even trade ROR when everyone knew they were going to do it.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
And that's news? Didn't Roy and Sakic made it clear that they don't want any high priced players? They wont sign one and they will get rid of their own who ask for a lot of money. I have no idea what they're trying to accomplish. You need high priced players to win in this league, trying to build a team with cheapest players possible will only keep you at mediocrity level. Having said that, i am glad they're not signing Radulov because it wouldn't help this team.

FIX THE DAMN DEFENSE.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This thread has three pages already, and was started at 11:41 this morning.

There has not been any Radulov news today... We as a group have a problem lol.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
This thread has three pages already, and was started at 11:41 this morning.

There has not been any Radulov news today... We as a group have a problem lol.

Did you miss that Sakic said they're out of the Radulov sweepstakes? That is pretty big Radulov news.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Fine.

Anyway, I maintain my stance from earlier that Radulov doesn't actually exists but is instead a coping mechanism we collectively created to deal with the past two years.

Yeah, and I think I'm going to wake up every morning naked in pink liquid with cables attached to me.

Bro, TOTALLY on the same page.

The news is simply that he said anything at all, what he said is kind of irrelevant

What do you think the percentage of posts in this thread that even mention his interview on the radio are? lol

Ok... technically there was some news.

Sorry, not sorry ;)

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I just want to remind everyone of this gem of a post. :handclap:

(nurse) "Oh doctor, are they still in the fetal position muttering Radulov for 3 years?"
(doctor)"Yes nurse, I'm afraid so."
(nurse)"Don't they know that person has never existed?"
(doctor)"Nurse, we know, but their minds are so far gone, they can see him, feel him, even put him in their lineups."
(nurse)"Thats horrible, is there nothing we can do to help them."
(doctor)"I'm afraid not, but lets electrocute them anyway."

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
I was never one who expected (or wanted) Rads to sign here. That said, its still not July 1st, and anything could happen. He's clearly holding out for something. If the Avs offer $6+ x 4 it'll be a raw deal. I'm not even convinced he would be a wise decision for any amount of time. I second @hockeyfish post about Radulov being a figment of our imaginations.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Things change by a single phone call but as of right now not sure how anyone can be confident in Rads signing here. This kinda sucks considering I really thought he will be here. Wonder why he hasn't singed yet.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I just want to remind everyone of this gem of a post. :handclap:

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I never once believed Radulov would sign with Colorado, so I don't think this is news.

Then again, I really don't believe much Sakic or Roy says either.

The team clearly needs an influx of talent/skill though. It's somewhat difficult envisioning where that talent/skill is going to come from.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
While I do find Sakic's comments odd, I'm not sure why it'd be expected that he'd reveal anything noteworthy about the Avs' pursuit of Radulov.

Until he signs with another team, I'm still believing what I was told.

I hope your source is Rads saying he'll play for peanuts. :) maybe he'll bring his asking price down.

I guess we went from a long shot to no chance. :(

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I still feel like he's going to sign with the avs, I think he is probably waiting for Sakic to start being a GM and get to work. That or he wants to make sure varlamov isn't traded Friday.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I've been removed from the Trade thread discussion, so don't know what conversation was held after I was banished, but I guess with this Radulov statement by Joe, it further supports my suggestion that we may well just go with what we have, and allow the congestive contracts of Stuart / Iginla to expire.

In the past week, we have learnt:-
+ No to Radulov
+ Boedker / Matthias plan to test the market (why wouldn't they?)
+ We will draft @ 10
+ Barrie will sign either through arbitration, bridge or long term
+ Assume Mackinnon is re-signed (is he hoping for a massive Offer Sheet by waiting?)

Top 6 without Rads: Landy, Duchene, Mack, Grigorenko, Rantanen & Sodoberg
Bottom 6: Comeau, Mitchell, Mcleod, Iginla, Martinsen & Compher?
Defense: Stuart, Gelinas, Holden, Barrie, Zadorov, Beauch, Johnson & Bigras
Goals: Varlamov, Pickard, Berra

Mix and match, but that's our roster (or there abouts). Given this, what are people's thought's on our potential for being Cup Contenders?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I hope your source is Rads saying he'll play for peanuts. :) maybe he'll bring his asking price down.

I guess we went from a long shot to no chance. :(

About a week ago I talked with them, as I will admit that the longer he goes unsigned, I get tinges of nervousness...

We don't know what the holdup is. Have no idea. All I have is the information that was given to me--that the LAST UPDATE being it was the Avalanche. That's all I have. The info I was given, I 100% believe it is solid, but I don't understand what the hold up is.

I listened to Sakic's comments today, and my opinion is that his whole answer to the Radulov thing was...odd. He didn't really deny anything, but he didn't come out and say "Yeah, we're looking at him". I didn't expect Joe to give a positive answer in regards to Radulov though. It's not really his or the Avs' style. What I noticed though was this: If the Avs were REALLY, TRULY "out" on Radulov, like they know they're not signing him at all, why wouldn't Joe say something like "He's a player that we talked internally about, but we're not going to pursue him" Or something to that effect. "We're not going to sign him", he didn't say that. He made mention of the price being high, which came off as parroting the National Media narrative. Perhaps Radulov's price IS too high...but it doesn't add up to me because if it was TRULY about the money, I think he would have signed in Florida...as I have it on good authority they were offering a REALLY nice deal for him.

Something is not adding up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad