Speculation: Oh Radulov, Where Art Thou...GH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I don't believe everything a GM says publicly but this sounds about right. I'd be surprised if any team goes more than two years for him.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
The tweet about fearing an offersheet tells me they are worried if they eat much of their cap space with someone before they get Barrie/MacK signed that they think someone would offer sheet one of them (likely MacK). That kind of seems like bad management if they haven't got a deal inked for both players if that is what is holding them back from signing Radulov. We have roughly $17M in cap space at the moment (if I remember right) with MacK, Barrie, Grigs and Pickard to sign. That probably only leaves about $3-4M after them. They don't really have the space for a big fish anyways with talk of retaining everybody.

It will be interesting to see how they fill out their lineup for this season assuming Iggy is relegated to 3rd/4th line duties and Stuart is on LTIR.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Fears offer sheet for one of our guys? There is a way to avoid that........

Weird way of approaching it eh? He even said something along the lines of "Mackinnon should be signed before they start camp". The way he said it was almost like it was a positive way of looking at it like "we're so good that we aren't go to wait until camp starts to sign our star of the future, we'll get it taken care of the day before."

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The fearing an offer sheet screams to me that they have told Barrie to go out and look for another team to get a deal if they don't like the Avs' offers, and they will consider matching it if somebody signs him.

After 3 years, haven't we learned though that we can't really read into what Roy and Sakic have to say? They have been a number of times they say one thing and do another. Sakic really tries hard to manage expectations.

This thread will live on and on!!!! :yo: :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
After this thread gets full, there is gonna be a need for another one for people posting all their disappointments when Radulov signs here & is his awesome self.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
What a weird way of phrasing it. Fearing an offer sheet for BArrie? Doesn't make much sense to me. Few teams would probably be willing to do that considering he'll demand 6+ more than likely which is a ton of compensation.

I also remember Sakic saying we wouldn't do anything at the trade deadline... then we brought in Bodeker.

We're not out of this yet. I'm not holding my breath anymore though.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
While I do find Sakic's comments odd, I'm not sure why it'd be expected that he'd reveal anything noteworthy about the Avs' pursuit of Radulov.

Until he signs with another team, I'm still believing what I was told.

MacKinnon

Nov 27, 2015
We could have top-5 skilled winger on the world and possibility to break "Duchene Cap". I think I'm not going to get sleep at all this night.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
And here we go again with Avs not getting things done early (MacKinnon and secondly Barrie) and finding themselves is a spot where it might cost them another opportunity.

I am completely over this FO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad