Movies: Oh Good... More Seth Rogen CRAP - Good Boys

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Drive-in movie theaters are about more than just going to a movie. We have one around where I live, but I haven't been to it in a while. Was going to go this year, but it was too hot for that. You always have to account for the weather.

I love the drive in. We try to make it an annual tradition with the family. Ours has a big park for the kids to play, so we get there early and let them burn off some energy, and then change them into pj's. We bring lawn chairs and set up the hatchback for the kids to lie down.

With land prices being what they are in the area, I have to think that it's not a huge money maker, and will disappear eventually to makes room for development, so I'm happy to take advantage of it while I can.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I love the drive in. We try to make it an annual tradition with the family. Ours has a big park for the kids to play, so we get there early and let them burn off some energy, and then change them into pj's. We bring lawn chairs and set up the hatchback for the kids to lie down.

With land prices being what they are in the area, I have to think that it's not a huge money maker, and will disappear eventually to makes room for development, so I'm happy to take advantage of it while I can.
Just make sure not to back over an infant.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mont...ar-at-boucherville-drive-in-theatre-1.5232759

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I liked it also, had some great funny moments. The six graders taking on the frat house was hilarious.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Just saw it along with Hobbs and Shaw at the drive in and enjoyed it.

Drive in movies were the best growing up. Nothing to do in the summer, just get some guys brother to buy you some beer, add a few lawn chairs and watch some moving you've seen 3 or 4 times again. I think I saw Terminator 2 eight times one summer. I do remember seeing Star Wars for the first time at one.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Drive in movies were the best growing up. Nothing to do in the summer, just get some guys brother to buy you some beer, add a few lawn chairs and watch some moving you've seen 3 or 4 times again. I think I saw Terminator 2 eight times one summer. I do remember seeing Star Wars for the first time at one.
I never understood the appeal of the Drive-In, altho, I did have one experience that stood out...

I was 15 and my older cousins invited me to the drive in. They sat in the front, I sat in the back. Can't remember what movie they watched, but I could see a "p***y Talk" (a softcore 1975 French film) on one of the side screens thru the back window. I NEVER said a word - back then, there was no internet and this was the first time I'd seen anything like it.

Near the end of the movie, one of my cousins looked back and said, "What the hell are you watching back there?" I played dumb because I was terrified they'd tell my mom - raised in a religious family.

Other than that, the idea of sitting in a warm car while watching a movie never interested me. Plus, you'd always miss a good chunk of the first movie because it wasn't dark enough.

Last edited:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I never understood the appeal of the Drive-In, altho, I did have one fun experience that stood out...

I was 15 and my older cousins invited me to the drive in. They sat in the front, I sat in the back. Can't remember what movie they watched, but I could see an "***** Talk" on one of the side screens thru the back window. I never said anything.

Near the end of the movie, one of them looked back and said, "What the hell are you watching back there?". I played dumb because I was terrified they'd tell my mom.

Other than that, the idea of sitting in a warm car while watching a movie never interested me.

That's why you bring a chair to sit on outside of the vehicle..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad