Speculation: Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Please please PLEASE stop it with the strip club speculation. Pretty much nobody in here believed that shit when it was a current topic and now you're saying that's why the guys got traded. Seems very far fetched especially when the obvious logical reasons are pretty plain and simple: upcoming huge contracts and poor playoff performances.
I agree, it's obvious Zito really likes Chucky. I think it was clear after the playoffs there was no benefit to keeping Weegar as their own rental. And Huberdeau is old. I just wasn't a fan of losing even more futures. It sucks that in a year where Tampa and Toronto got weaker, Florida downgraded more than them. But it's a 1 year "setback".

I hate how people rate Weegar, oh sure scouts love when their teams play him because he has rocks for brains and he single-handedly cost Florida 2 playoff games but just look at his zone entrances per 60! Elite player.

Reactions: Gentle Man

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I agree, it's obvious Zito really likes Chucky. I think it was clear after the playoffs there was no benefit to keeping Weegar as their own rental. And Huberdeau is old. I just wasn't a fan of losing even more futures. It sucks that in a year where Tampa and Toronto got weaker, Florida downgraded more than them. But it's a 1 year "setback".

I hate how people rate Weegar, oh sure scouts love when their teams play him because he has rocks for brains and he single-handedly cost Florida 2 playoff games but just look at his zone entrances per 60! Elite player.
To push against it, I do kind of view the trade as evidence that something happened. Multiple explanations but a lot of value to give up

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Please please PLEASE stop it with the strip club speculation. Pretty much nobody in here believed that shit when it was a current topic and now you're saying that's why the guys got traded. Seems very far fetched especially when the obvious logical reasons are pretty plain and simple: upcoming huge contracts and poor playoff performances.

I don't think nobody here believed it...I mean, I post here and I think it's at least plausible...

We'll never know for sure, but we also very rarely see these kind of things come up for any team. Probably because if there's no truth to it, whoever is making up these rumors open themselves up to a lot of legal liability. I mean, when was the last time something like this has come up in the NHL? I can think of things related to Kane and Carter/Richards, but rarely does anything come up publicly. So there's at least a high probability that something happened, even if the exact details may not be what those guys were saying on the radio.

But...I also agree that the general reason for doing the trade was more related to their contract situations, playoff performance, shaking up the team a bit, and giving us a much longer competitive window.

Reactions: harv33173

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz

Does this mean Lundell Tkachuk are a pairing?

Not a fan of putting Reinhardt on the 3rd line. Our biggest strength last year was having such an offensively deep team while rolling 4 lines. Concentrating everything on the first two lines will maybe create even more goals, nevertheless they will play more minutes and lose energy that we need for the POs. Lundell- Reinhardt was so good!

Reactions: harv33173

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Didn't someone here say that ownership wanted Huby gone?

And BTW, Without evidence, I truly believe Strip-Gate happened :laugh:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Didn't someone here say that ownership wanted Huby gone?

I think that the mgmt and ownership had already concluded that Huby wasn't going to stay no matter what since Zito was able to act fast upon getting info that MT was available. So, yeah, you can say that ownership wanted Huby gone but we'll never know whether it was Viola pushing the idea of a trade to Zito or Zito presenting the idea of a leadership change in the team to Viola.

Huby was getting lazy as an overall player... he was always grimacing about how badly he wants to win but his inconsistency told a different story.

Reactions: KW

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I don't think nobody here believed it...I mean, I post here and I think it's at least plausible...

We'll never know for sure, but we also very rarely see these kind of things come up for any team. Probably because if there's no truth to it, whoever is making up these rumors open themselves up to a lot of legal liability. I mean, when was the last time something like this has come up in the NHL? I can think of things related to Kane and Carter/Richards, but rarely does anything come up publicly. So there's at least a high probability that something happened, even if the exact details may not be what those guys were saying on the radio.

But...I also agree that the general reason for doing the trade was more related to their contract situations, playoff performance, shaking up the team a bit, and giving us a much longer competitive window.
Agreed; very few things have happened that have come out in public but like the bar fight from years ago in Long Island (?), every such story has been true or was going in the right direction. The stories weren’t just made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad