Speculation: Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I'm sick of reading speculation for the offseason in the GDT and I anticipate that we'll be in the offseason within the week, so let's open up the thread.

The questions I see:
  1. The long-term free-agents: Do we re-sign/keep Huberdeau and Weegar?
    1. The converse: I'd rather we keep Chiarot and Giroux than these two right to be honest. They showed up. But will Giroux return?
  2. Do we keep Hornqvist at his hit?
  3. Marching away? Will we keep Marchment and if so what price?
  4. Coach bag? Do we bag the coach after being outcoached in two rounds and frankly being the difference against the Lightning.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
1. Zito should see what the market brings for any player without a NMC or NTC. No one should be considered untouchable.

2. See above.

3. Tocchet, Torts, Trotz should at least be considered. Lots of T's there!

Reactions: harv33173

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It would be literal insanity not to do everything we can to bring Trotz in. He’s by far the best coach available who would instantly give us the defensive structure we need. I don’t give a f*** if our offense slows down, it slowed down right now anyway with two goals in two games. Bring in Trotz, that’s your off-season move.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I know everyone is upset, but couldn't you just wait until they are out?
Because I much rather we gloom and doom outside the GDT threads about the future. We can still come back, but it's f***ing depressing in there when we're talking about jettisoning have the roster.

Plus I'm hoping this will reverse jinx us ;)

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
- New head coach. Enough with the excuses, Bruno is not ready.
- I don't mind keeping Weegar, but he can't be a top-pairing defenseman. Trade if better options are available in the market.
- Trading Huberdeau is our best chance at improving the defense, IMO.
- We are committed to Barky and I don't think anyone will be willing to take on that salary/term given his playoff performance. I think we just have to hope he develops a little edge to his game. Not holding my breath.
- Consider trading: Weegar, Huberdeau, Duclair.
- Keep if possible: Marchment (this dude is injured half the time), Mamin, Luostar.

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
-I love Huby and he gave us the best individual season point wise of any Panthers player in history, will never forget this one. But what would be the realistic return trading him?

-Also, be on the market for a damn sniper, i want a selfish f***er thats here to shoot shoot shoot and SHOOT. Missing someone like Hoffman bad.

-Weegar can go, Forsling is our #2 Dman in the making, Chiarot maybe for a good price.

Reactions: Vilam

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Brought up in different thread but with Lundell Bennett should be on the trade market, as well as Duclair.

Try to regain assets& cap space and try to sign the best Rw you can and new 3C.

Verhaeghe- Barkov - new guy
Huberdeau- Lundell- Reinhart

They can’t anyways keep Lundell forever at 3C, he needs a clear development role& path.

Also they need to find a quality defensive Dman

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
if they could sign Forsberg in free agency, then trade Huberdeau for a collection of pieces.

Trade Duclair, he doesn’t make much but his salary is needed elsewhere and while he does well in the regular season we can’t have no-shows in the playoffs, it’s just not a recipe for success.

Marchment should be re-signed if we can get him in the 3’s per year. He makes his presence felt both in the regular season and playoffs.

Barkov, while there are a handful of centers I’d do a 1for1 swap, the reality is that he’s not going anywhere. We just signed him to a max 8yr deal, it was a big event, he captained this team to a presidents trophy, was on pace for well over 40 (or 50? Too lazy to look right now) goal pace, Selke nominee again, and be like in a couple months hey Sasha we want to ship you out, will you accept a trade here? Yeah, that just isn’t going to happen. Unfortunately, he’ll never be a player with that next gear, that winning “I won’t lose” attitude.

Honestly, I’m not a huge fan of Bennett as a 2nd line center and we already have Lundell as a 3rd line center. Bennett is too stiff/one-dimensional in his play. If he doesn’t have Huberdeau, I’m honestly not crazy about it. The only issue is finding a suitable replacement within the budget that he makes. That wouldn’t be easy. Is Reinhart comfortable playing center again? I do prefer him as a winger though.

I wouldn’t be opposed to trading Weegar, has one year left, while he has kept his game simpler the last couple games now with Forsling, I’m afraid he’s going to get more than he’s worth on a new deal. Honestly, I do see the influence Yandle had. And that’s not a joke either. Whether it be the goofy weather reports, which I do like them having fun, stuff like that was more recent, you could see things in his playing style that Yandle would do very similarly, and by no coincidence you’re seeing the same types of mistakes. It’s weird his influence only seemed to rub off on Weegar but it really does look like it to me, there are too many similarities.

Obviously they just won the damn presidents trophy, no way they make big changes. This is just me, personally

Last edited:

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Don't make change for the sake of change.

I don't think Zito realistically trades Huberdeau unless it makes the team better now. It won't be for picks, we aren't a rebuild team.

As for coach, it has to be on Trotz level. Do not bring in Torts.

You can even keep Bruno, but bring in better assistants to help with defense and special teams

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
bring back Q if they allow it. sniff around chych.

for instance move weegs for assets. move some others possibly. package that haul for chych to replace weegs. NHL 22 is fun lol

zito be zito to fill the rest

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Water under the bridge but when no one wanted to touch DeAngelo, I suggested we pick him up but got no support here. And now nobody talks about his shit anymore.

Reactions: PSLguy and iam76

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Water under the bridge but when no one wanted to touch DeAngelo, I suggested we pick him up but got no support here. And now nobody talks about his shit anymore.
Duke wouldn’t like him here at all.

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
Plus trade Hubie for picks.
why do you need a f***ing pick? we have a lot of heroes from 1-2-3-4 of pick! another pick???
We have a great team and a cool, promising coach! for him, the players are ready and want to igt and sit down! he has experience with Quinville...
we need to do some work on the bugs!
we need a powerplay coach... we need a defensive coach((playing defensively is shit/for such a goal 3 seconds before the end!!! we need to kick our coach of the defenders out with kicks)

we made an amazing season! we have never played so well!!! we need to keep the team, the coach… this is another experience for the next victories (the experience of the coach is also, now the coach is losing! he can’t properly close the opponent’s stars, and use ours (Hubi, Barki, Reinho… but this is experience and in the future it will only get better )he will learn and better assistant coaches are needed, who will work and teach the players ... and not stand in beautiful suits and rolexes🤪

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
if they could sign Forsberg in free agency, then trade Huberdeau for a collection of pieces.

Trade Duclair, he doesn’t make much but his salary is needed elsewhere and while he does well in the regular season we can’t have no-shows in the playoffs, it’s just not a recipe for success.

Marchment should be re-signed if we can get him in the 3’s per year. He makes his presence felt both in the regular season and playoffs.

Barkov, while there are a handful of centers I’d do a 1for1 swap, the reality is that he’s not going anywhere. We just signed him to a max 8yr deal, it was a big event, he captained this team to a presidents trophy, was on pace for well over 40 (or 50? Too lazy to look right now) goal pace, Selke nominee again, and be like in a couple months hey Sasha we want to ship you out, will you accept a trade here? Yeah, that just isn’t going to happen. Unfortunately, he’ll never be a player with that next gear, that winning “I won’t lose” attitude.

Honestly, I’m not a huge fan of Bennett as a 2nd line center and we already have Lundell as a 3rd line center. Bennett is too stiff/one-dimensional in his play. If he doesn’t have Huberdeau, I’m honestly not crazy about it. The only issue is finding a suitable replacement within the budget that he makes. That wouldn’t be easy. Is Reinhart comfortable playing center again? I do prefer him as a winger though.

I wouldn’t be opposed to trading Weegar, has one year left, while he has kept his game simpler the last couple games now with Forsling, I’m afraid he’s going to get more than he’s worth on a new deal. Honestly, I do see the influence Yandle had. And that’s not a joke either. Whether it be the goofy weather reports, which I do like then having fun, stuff like that was more recent, you could see things in his playing style that Yandle would do very similarly, and by no coincidence you’re seeing the same types of mistakes. It’s weird his influence only seemed to rub off on Weegar but it really does look like it to me, there are too many similarities.

Obviously they just won the damn presidents trophy, no way they make big changes. This is just me, personally
…and you try, offer a trade or an exchange Barky, you will be unpleasantly surprised how many teams are ready not only to repeat, but also to add Barky salary! it's just stupid to talk like that!
think, if there is a coachman on the right, and on the left ... well, even Huby ... and not this Verhi balalaika and pedestrian Giro…

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
McDavid is another level. The things he does on the ice is unbelievable. He had a goal disallowed, so 60 seconds later he scored another one that counted. Calgary are a better team and should advance though.

Reactions: iam76

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
why do you need a f***ing pick? we have a lot of heroes from 1-2-3-4 of pick! another pick???
We have a great team and a cool, promising coach! for him, the players are ready and want to igt and sit down! he has experience with Quinville...
we need to do some work on the bugs!
we need a powerplay coach... we need a defensive coach((playing defensively is shit/for such a goal 3 seconds before the end!!! we need to kick our coach of the defenders out with kicks)

we made an amazing season! we have never played so well!!! we need to keep the team, the coach… this is another experience for the next victories (the experience of the coach is also, now the coach is losing! he can’t properly close the opponent’s stars, and use ours (Hubi, Barki, Reinho… but this is experience and in the future it will only get better )he will learn and better assistant coaches are needed, who will work and teach the players ... and not stand in beautiful suits and rolexes🤪
Is the Kool-aid tasty? There is a gigantic reason he still has the interim tag and only Zito knows why? My speculation is that Z is going to getQ back for next season.

These boards are here to get information, speculate, fantasize, etc. There are certain posters here that think they are the officials on these boards and if they deem the content stupid or otherwise they scream at the people who posted the stuff, like this thread. If you don’t agree or like what is written or who wrote it then ignore it. That’s what I do, just keep scrolling past that poster or that post until you get to what interests you.

I really don’t get it!

Reactions: KW and PSLguy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad