Speculation: Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Lol honestly the more that I hear from/about Huber and Weegar regarding the trade the more immature those two sound. Compare that to hire Tkachuk handled his situation in Calgary and it's like night and day.
Put some respect on “the stripper boys”. I have 0 doubt they were both at the club. They really are coming across as huge babies. Like I said I love Huby but yikes. Weegar always came across as an arrogant prick but he was funny. I’m proud of the way they both worked their way up in this franchise but they are owed 0. It’s a business.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Put some respect on “the stripper boys”. I have 0 doubt they were both at the club. They really are coming across as huge babies. Like I said I love Huby but yikes. Weegar always came across as an arrogant prick but he was funny. I’m proud of the way they both worked their way up in this franchise but they are owed 0. It’s a business.
time to send @TheImpatientPanther on some market research for strip club quality on Calgary vs South Florida? My explain the pouting ;)

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
time to send @TheImpatientPanther on some market research for strip club quality on Calgary vs South Florida? My explain the pouting ;)

Been to a fair bit in my teens up in Canada and Quebec has some of the finest. Definitely have limited my visits as I enter my late 30s now though.

Last time I was in Florida/Ft. Lauderdale/Miami for a week, let's just say me and the crew visited many and the first night, got separated from them, it was raining like crazy and my phone got water logged and I got lost.

Think it was some place called Rock bar IIRC that we started at and first drink was the 6-7 shot margarita thing, that's where it all went blurry but we bar hopped 3-4 times after that.

Walked for a couple miles but I slept against a paint store, got some shut eye and some lady found me in the morning and drove me back to the hotel...I'll Cole's notes for females in here.

Not gloating at all but more happy to be alive haha.

Later in week got to see Panthers vs Leafs and Panthers won in a shootout, tossed a rat and had a couple days to tour Miami.

May have to book another vacation down this year.
And you Yanks should definitely take some time to tour up here and smash a traditional Canadian poutine, they are sublime.

Last edited:

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Been to a fair bit in my teens up in Canada and Quebec has some of the finest. Definitely have limited my visits as I enter my late 30s now though.

Last time I was in Florida/Ft. Lauderdale/Miami for a week, let's just say me and the crew visited many and the first night, got separated from them, it was raining like crazy and my phone got water logged and I got lost.

Think it was some place called Rock bar IIRC that we started at and first drink was the 6-7 shot margarita thing, that's where it all went blurry but we bar hopped 3-4 times after that.

Walked for a couple miles but I slept against a paint store, got some shut eye and some lady found me in the morning and drove me back to the hotel...I'll Cole's notes for females in here.

Later in week got to see Panthers vs Leafs and Panthers won in a shootout, tossed a rat and had a couple days to tour Miami.

And you Yanks should definitely take some time to tour up here and smash a traditional Canadian poutine, they are sublime.

So you were right on Fort Lauderdale beach. Haven't been to Rock Bar in a hot minute, but I recall last time had Buy one, Get one giant margaritas. They gave me the second one in a giant to-go Styrofoam cup when I was ready to leave lol

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So you were right on Fort Lauderdale beach. Haven't been to Rock Bar in a hot minute, but I recall last time had Buy one, Get one giant margaritas. They gave me the second one in a giant to-go Styrofoam cup when I was ready to leave lol

Ya exactly, thing was massive!!
We had 4 guys so had one each but kept on bar hopping after so it was a shitshow when leaving there.
Good times haha.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

I’ve been wanting to try a legit poutine for so long.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I see it from both sides.

Huby: just put up an elite offensive season as a LW, last 4 years he's arguably been a top 3 LW in the game and was drafted there and team is finally headed in right direction with solid ownership and some playoff success and the Florida lifestyle is swapped for living in Calgary where it's warm for 4-5 months of the year.

Weegar: worked his way up from 3-4 different leagues in the pros before becoming a pretty good #3 D, drafted by the team, same situation as Huby of going through the dark years here and was likely anticipating his huge reward of 6-8 yr deal that sets him up for generations.

Zito: New GM who doesn't have a ton of loyalty to these two, knew you're paying for the 3-4 years really good years they have left but also the declining 3-4 years.
He adds a more versatile and younger LW who has ability to score 40 or more.

All in all, I agree they are stamping their feet a lot but it seemed to happen out of nowhere and I'm sure if Zito had more time to give them a heads up, it would have smoothed things over a bit but they're gonna get paid regardless and going to a team who has a decent 3-4 year window.

I'd assume we only play CGY twice this year but you can tell Huby n Weegs are gonna try extra hard those games to show Zito up.

CGY and OTT series this year should be entertaining, with that trade and the Tkachuks jawing at one another.

Oh I totally get it and understand why they'd be pissed. I don't begrudge them and would expect that. But it's not like they weren't taken care of by the org. either and weren't given a lot.

Huber's current deal was a rush by the team. It's not like he was some break out super star, there were some struggles after that Calder season. He's even said himself how grateful he was for management and ownership to give him a chance.

Weegar got lots of opportunities as a 7th rounder and his side dicked us around constantly around contracts. Guaranteed they were doing the same for the next one.

Shit happens, even Gretzky can be traded. They're acting like the they were massively disrespected and they're also being pretty disrespectful of their former teammates. Can't wait to see their reaction when the Flames fans turn on them when their contracts become anchors.

Some Media day stuff:

Huby dooby who?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I do wonder if the Tampa partying rumors were true and led to some offseason decisions...including the high price paid for Tkachuk. It could explain why certain pieces left (including Bruno if he didn't run a tight enough ship) and some of the prices observed

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I do wonder if the Tampa partying rumors were true and led to some offseason decisions...including the high price paid for Tkachuk. It could explain why certain pieces left (including Bruno if he didn't run a tight enough ship) and some of the prices observed

Wouldn't surprise me. Pair that with Huberdeau's "It's 3-0, who cares" comment, it must not have sat well with brass.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
If they were true, that would explain a lot.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Well, that goes both ways though. You wouldn't want them only going for max contracts and only playing for the money. There's got to be some passion in there somewhere. Being devoted to your team and teammates winning a cup, is no small thing. Especially when you're a talented player. The plugs being passionate is one thing, they have to be in order to stay in the league.

Reactions: VIMMM

Moosee

Sep 21, 2022

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Thing I don’t get and no disrespect to the city of Tampa, but if you’ve been to a Miami strip club, do you need to go to a Tampa one?

-ghoste

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
He adds a more versatile and younger LW who has ability to score 40 or more.

Tkachuk is simply more committed to winning games. Huby was and still is solely focused on scoring points which is a career choice of focusing on banking the max amount of dough when GMs award their forwards mostly based on their point totals, which isn't directly proportional to the amount of games won.

Just the fact that Huby cannot comprehend the reasoning why Zito had to trade him is an additional reason why Zito made the right call. Huby was going to continue his merry ways of cutting corners and I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the Yandle-category when he's like 33yo.

I'm sure if Zito had more time to give them a heads up, it would have smoothed things over a bit

Zito didn't have any sworn allegiances towards Huby and Weegs so in that regard who cares: it's a business after all. No employee will get heads-up if they are on the chopping block because then that would allow them to reason to go for the scorched earth-approach of leaving the company. Like, even the beloved Kaptain Keith Yandle could've clarified at any point during his numerous Spitting Shitlets-interviews that the Panthers isn't such a bad org as it is being depicted. But he's not doing that because he is an entitled sour douchebag who hides behind that court jester facade.

Reactions: VIMMM and KW

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tkachuk is simply more committed to winning games. Huby was and still is solely focused on scoring points which is a career choice of focusing on banking the max amount of dough when GMs award their forwards mostly based on their point totals, which isn't directly proportional to the amount of games won.

Just the fact that Huby cannot comprehend the reasoning why Zito had to trade him is an additional reason why Zito made the right call. Huby was going to continue his merry ways of cutting corners and I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the Yandle-category when he's like 33yo.

Zito didn't have any sworn allegiances towards Huby and Weegs so in that regard who cares: it's a business after all. No employee will get heads-up if they are on the chopping block because then that would allow them to reason to go for the scorched earth-approach of leaving the company. Like, even the beloved Kaptain Keith Yandle could've clarified at any point during his numerous Spitting Shitlets-interviews that the Panthers isn't such a bad org as it is being depicted. But he's not doing that because he is an entitled sour douchebag who hides behind that court jester facade.

I agree with the post here but didn't Huby get a call at like 11pm or something?
I get Zito may have not known what timezone he was in, but it just seems the deal for Tkachuk was a 24hr window.

Not worried about Huby or Weegar, they have millions of reasons to be happy ;)

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I agree with the post here but didn't Huby get a call at like 11pm or something?
I get Zito may have not known what timezone he was in, but it just seems the deal for Tkachuk was a 24hr window.

Not worried about Huby or Weegar, they have millions of reasons to be happy ;)

Had Zito waited to the next day then he'd be hearing comments from Huby that he had to receive the info about the trade via Twatter. Zito cannot win in this scenario where he had to trade an entitled, supposed face of the frenchfries.
I don't there's a set deadline during the off season for a trade like that. GMs just have to make a deal happen asap because you'll never know what else enters or leaves the picture and makes a trade to fall apart.

Huby and Weegs will be fine but Huby ofc is obviously the more butthurt party since he has to drive his Lambo in Calgary from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad